SAU Community

2006 Axis

sleeper393

im located near bachus marsh , but travel all around with work , i would like a later model as possable , so i dont feel im going to far backwards so to speak , i have a 2002 model ford , so a 2003 model stag would kind of defeat the purpose of buying a new vehicle , if you can understand where im coming from. regards alan

:laughing-smiley-014:

:(

:)

Believe me Alan. My 2001 RS Four would be a mighty upgrade over a 2006 ford, let alone a 2008 model.

If you are in the Mt. Eliza area during business hours of the Pakenham area any other time, let me know in advance.

:D

Even the Spare Parts Manager for Audi Australia was impressed with the whole car, but mainly with the interior.

Edited by iamhe77

:(

Believe me mate. My 2001 RS Four would be a mighty upgrade over a 2006 ford, let alone a 2008 model.

If you are in the Mt. Eliza area during business hours of the Pakenham area any other time, let me know in advance.

:D

Even the Spare Parts Manager for Audi Australia was impressed with the whole car, but mainly with the interior.

yeah id believe it , technically more advanced , but it has to do with my tax and the depreciation aspect, so the newer model i can get my hands on the more of a benefit long term.

yeah thanks for that i'll keep that in mind if im over your way ,

regards alan

Well I love the AXIS version and am very impressed with it being a 2002 model.....would only get rid of it if I bought another Evo or no longer needed a wagon...........

>_<

Believe me Alan. My 2001 RS Four would be a mighty upgrade over a 2006 ford, let alone a 2008 model.

I live in Toorak, but will be throwing together a BBQ -> Beach/drive in cruise in the new year, and will be seeing you there :P

need more notice than that to book my ticket man >_<

HAHA. gonna go to the mechanic int he newyear and make my swaybars SK-spec(drill some more holes) too see if that helps it sit a bit flatter, then when i have more cash down to Delphi to get their "Dynamics Engineer" to sort out valving etc.

come back once that is done, might be a nicer ride.

Is a 2003 (before November) NM35 too old?

2003 might have to be , i dont really see any visual differences between 2003 and say 2006 models ????

i've only started and im already pissed , government , there are shitbox commodores & falcons and others belching crap out their exhausts ,but thats ok , but to bring in a technically more advanced vehicle , you get a smack on the wrist ,for f**k sake , sorry about the swearing ,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

2003 might have to be , i dont really see any visual differences between 2003 and say 2006 models ????

i've only started and im already pissed , government , there are shitbox commodores & falcons and others belching crap out their exhausts ,but thats ok , but to bring in a technically more advanced vehicle , you get a smack on the wrist ,for f**k sake , sorry about the swearing ,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The easiest way to tell the difference between the NM35 (2001-2004) and the PM35 (2004-2008) is in the headlights and grill.

NM35

Axis RS Four

post-31842-1228861662_thumb.jpg post-31842-1228861715_thumb.jpg

PM35

Axis RS Four

post-31842-1228862478_thumb.jpg post-31842-1228862502_thumb.jpg

Gotta say though, that 2004 Axis kit is very nice on the eye - and kinda aggressive at the same time :)

Hope that helps.

i've only started and im already pissed , government , there are shitbox commodores & falcons and others belching crap out their exhausts ,but thats ok , but to bring in a technically more advanced vehicle , you get a smack on the wrist ,for f**k sake , sorry about the swearing ,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thats what you have to keep in mind though. The visual differences have nothing to do with it. It was the change in ADR's that make them a separate compliance issue. Falcodores may be worse emission wise, but at least they DID actually comply to them when new. Thats all the gubberment cares about, otherwise we would all need to change our cats every year by law at a minimum.

Oh - and Ryan. Baby jeezuz cries everytime someone drills a swaybar :)

Thats what you have to keep in mind though. The visual differences have nothing to do with it. It was the change in ADR's that make them a separate compliance issue. Falcodores may be worse emission wise, but at least they DID actually comply to them when new. Thats all the gubberment cares about, otherwise we would all need to change our cats every year by law at a minimum.

Oh - and Ryan. Baby jeezuz cries everytime someone drills a swaybar :D

meh, engineer can deal with it :)

The easiest way to tell the difference between the NM35 (2001-2004) and the PM35 (2004-2008) is in the headlights and grill.

NM35

Axis RS Four

post-31842-1228861662_thumb.jpg post-31842-1228861715_thumb.jpg

PM35

Axis RS Four

post-31842-1228862478_thumb.jpg post-31842-1228862502_thumb.jpg

Gotta say though, that 2004 Axis kit is very nice on the eye - and kinda aggressive at the same time :)

Hope that helps.

Mmmmm the , current shape grows on ya looks a lot more conservetive than 2001 to 2004 shape, but with a nice set of rims or Autech version , should be the ducks !!!!!!!!!! :D:down:

So whom has the blue current shape stag in the pics with the vic licence plates ?? or is it a 2003 model with current front end.

regards alan. :) or is the blue one a standard stag

That would be mine. :P

It is a 2001 Rs Four V.

Standard suspension with Nismo LMX5 wheels.

No body modifications (yet).

It is actually a very early model NM35 (Aug/Sept 2001 build)

Check out either my Album or Garage (click the link under my Avatar) for more pics.

Edited by iamhe77