SAU Community

S14 Crash 10th Dec

bigslick

The remainders of the s14

post-41152-1229939288_thumb.jpg

This guy is 17yo and was driving his first car, a series 1 s14 turbo, which he had only had for 2 months before he decided to go for a burn up Greenhills rd near Victor Harbor. A road with which he was unfamiliar, and at a "bit" over the 80k limit he came over a crest towards a T junction (which is signposted) and was confronted with a big tree. The skidmarks are around 30-40 metres long. He hit the tree head on. It was a write off, but he was fortunate not to be seriously injured. Basically it came down to him trying to be a hero but with inexperience.

post-41152-1229939311_thumb.jpg

post-41152-1229939330_thumb.jpg

post-41152-1229939517_thumb.jpg

post-41152-1229939560_thumb.jpg

post-41152-1229939591_thumb.jpg

Errr, no. I never saw the rest of the car. I took these pics today, it happened 12 days ago and all I know is that the car has been crushed. Crazy actually, since he couldn't afford to insure it you think he would've at least tried to sell some parts from it.

lookin at that corner and the length of the skid marks, it seems like he was really haulin ass and he definantly misjudged that corner.

unfortunately there are people out there who push too hard with little to no experience. Even last night there was a tool doing burnouts out the front of my house, then 2 minutes later there was a loud bang up the street and the road was blocked for most of the night. I hope it wasnt a fatality anyway.

What a tool. How was he driving the car anyway...a 17 year old ie P plater in a turbo charged car.

Another good reason why inexperienced drivers should not be driving turbo cars. Lucky it didnt end up being worse

I agree. But we don't have the P plate laws (ie. no turbo) in SA yet.