home i got 11.2 klm to the ltr ive done 645 klms and the sceen said

i still have 214klms left till emptey so im very bloody happy

chheers

mark

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine is around 7,5km on the screen but at 3/4 tank it is always around 460-490km left. so i don't really trust that screen...

if I reset it, and drive slowly i could easily get 10+km/l but as soon as the car is switched off, the next day it started it will start

from 3.5km/l and slowly averaging back up to around 7.2-7.9 km/l

I'm averaging 6.4 km/L in the city (I do the punt road/hoddle st crawl both directions every day) - shocking I know.

However I managed to average 13.4 km/L from Phillip Island to Warrigal Road on the South Eastern!

did you reset the trip computer, Max? cos otherwise I would have thought the average incl your 6.4km/L would be somewhere around 8

I reset it after every fill up, Rianto. Normal city average is 6.4-6.5km/L. I do about 200km per week in heavy traffic.

Agree with BLISTC about 7.8-8.3 in Heavy Sydney Traffic is right. By the way--the Screen is Spot on- I can gauge every last drop going into the car on every fill. You have to reset on each fill and you find you averages work overall. Dont just look at one point.

On the Highway you get over11K/Ltre

Tip- guys-try the BP Ultimate--it continually gets 30-40K more than any other 98 petrol !

Just my 5 cents worth..

Just drove from Adelaide to Melbourne on one tank.. 742kms.. have a good 80kms left in the tank... no fuel light yet.

Cheers

you have to be careful though the fuel gauge i notice works in very strange ways with the meter on the screen

if you were averaging say 11-12km/l then your driving behaviour changes, that could change from 80km to 10km left in your tank. just keep that in mind if you ever go for long drives i always rather be safe than sorry

the most FYI i ever got out of a tank in suburban driving was 595km and the meter on the screen was sitting on 0kms and it changed to that warning screen, i still drove around for a good 20kms after that too, just testing it out.... the tanks i think are 70ltr but for some reason i never ever fill up that much

at the needle indicator around 'E' and with the TV screen complaining something in Japanese (refusing to show the # of kms left) - which I believe is a danger/SOS message in Japanese to get to the gas station ASAP, I managed to fill up almost 74 ltr.

you probably have 80L tanks like the M35. i can be on the E and the fuel light been on for ages, yet i can oly fit 70-72L in when i refill

also +1 for BP 98 fuel getting more km from a tank!

I thought all coupes are the same?

And how much BP Ultimate is dearer compared to BP regular?

I'm a coupon monster, went to Shell for the 4c off Coles discount dockets... but at around 14c dearer minus the discounts, the V-Power is still about 10c dearer than the regular...

every time the fuel light comes on and i fill up the max i get is like 55-60ltr

i have 20ltr in the tank still doing nothing? whaaa?

i thought they came with 80ltr tanks as i had read online, but, i never got to fill in the 70 ltr range ever so i doubted it

Hey mate they are 70ltr tanks.

every time the fuel light comes on and i fill up the max i get is like 55-60ltr

i have 20ltr in the tank still doing nothing? whaaa?

i thought they came with 80ltr tanks as i had read online, but, i never got to fill in the 70 ltr range ever so i doubted it

Tip- guys-try the BP Ultimate--it continually gets 30-40K more than any other 98 petrol !

yeah? ;) ...but I find that it smells funny!...lol!

I'll stick with opti-expenso-vpowbullshit-omax....with a capfull (just a poofteenth) of metho, just for good measure. :(

Um...anyways....

Have a great, safe, cruisey and (hopefully) break-down free new year people!......and raaaaaaaawk-on!

Also, Thankyou all for the great advice and 'fellow-ship' I've found recently within the 'V' series forum...(recently coming from the R33 side)

Superspit and Di.

i was sure they were 80?

why is it that my fuel gage has 80 up the top? BTW i have a nismo dash

Yes you are right, V35s have an 80L tank. I too have managed to clock 800kms on one full tank Brisbane to Newcastle. When I filled up the tank it had about 7L left. Topped up with just over 70L.

Around town, mixture of highway and suburb driving I average around 600+ kms.

Just went down to Huskisson, Jervis bay (south coast NSW) and return trip average was 12.8km/L with Air Con on!

Normal Weekday Work/City driving averages about 8.2km/L.

(Driving a Jan 2006, manual V35)