SAU Community

Car Window Smashed On R34 And Wallet Stolen. F**ck

This is a twist in the tale!

Occasionally, just occasionally...

a person's car (if set up correctly) can be even more secure than a mate's house!

My jeweller friend has a safe welded to his car's bodywork. He has to visit the occasional client. (He has once been awarded a 1st prize at De Bier's.)

You can guess the rest !!!!!!

But his security system on the car is 'state of the art'.

far out that sucks buddy. but yes cops are useless they just waste time you could take repairing it. i didnt even bother with finger prints in the end cos it was raining and like you said, as if their dumb enough to feel the car up. and yes it was dumb move leaving it in there, normally in carparks etc i wouldnt but hey guess you cant trust anyone with anything anywhere these days. did u have full comp insurance on yours? how much excess u have to pay?

The cops do do everything they can, but there's only so much they can do without a complaint being made against them...

Back in the old days, if they thought they knew who had stolen it, they'd head around, haul them out the back of the station, and give em a kick up the arse until they actually admitted it, or were convinced that that suspect didn't (good enough reason to not get caught doing anything and become a suspect)

These days, if they even questioned the person informally, they'd have there arses belted by a higher up management because the arse hole who stole your wallet thought he was getting unfairly treated because he got questioned.

From what I last heard, the coppers were pretty darn sure they knew who had done the theft on my car, but they didn't have enough evidence to prove it. The only evidence they had, was the guys mobile phone, and the fact he has a history for doing it. But hey, he claims his phone was stolen and bam, he's home free...

As to insurance, luckily for me, it was my old bomb, and not my Skyline, so only had third party property, but still managed to sell the wreck for more then I paid for it. Only thing was, it was a good ol car!

oh and to top it off i find out that the dick who stole my wallet used my cards on the internet to buy a couple hundred worth of crap.bank said they would look into it, which everyone knows means "I'll never get back to you". And

If you want to do something about this, as soon as possible:

Get the merchant/charge details from your bank (showing all details of the disputed transactions). This will provide you with a merchant contact point.

It is the merchant that will have all the 'interesting' information; like remote IP address, time/date of order, where the order was shipped to, any other relevant info. It's not magic, and it will need to go to the police.

Contact the merchant both by telephone and in writing to let them know that you will be requiring the above information as it is connected with a crime committed against you (they may not want to provide it to you).

If you can get the information from them, well and good. Keep it to provide to your case officer later (s/he will probably need to get it directly from the merchant for criminal proceedings, but it may help them).

Let the merchant know in either case that the matter is with the police and that you'd appreciate them preserving the relevant information for provision to the police upon receipt of the proper warrant/declaration.

Sometimes, the police take a long time to investigate small-dollar crimes and the information may be destroyed if it's not requested early enough; unless the merchant has something to hide it's unlikely that they'll refuse to preserve the information. Get contact information from the merchant that you can provide to the police.

If you can convince the merchant that the charges were fraudulent, you may get a refund from the merchant directly, that will save everyone some time and money (including the merchant, so point this out to them).

If not, use your bank's credit card charge dispute process to initiate the merchant charge-back procedure (you need to fill in a couple of forms, if you don't fill in the forms the process probably hasn't begun).

This should get your credit-card losses back, which is probably your biggest concern.

If you want to do more things (e.g. get the money for your windows):

Get the relevant case ID and assigned officer from the police. Make sure you have current, valid contact details for the officer.

Contact the officer personally, this lets them know that someone is interested in the outcome. Squeaky wheel, and all that.

Let them know that the criminals also owe you for your window(s) and that you'd appreciate any publically-available information they can give you (e.g. hearing dates for related criminal proceedings)

Give them the merchant contact details and any information that you have been given (like shipping addresses etc).

Regards,

Saliya

Edited by saliya

I feel for you....plain and simple it just dosent feel good knowing someone has busted your baby and ravaged through your things....happened to me once..

ha yeah thanks thats pretty much the only thing still pissing me off...that people touch your shit! ah well comforting to know it could have been way worse, and that its not just me =]

If you want to do something about this, as soon as possible:

Get the merchant/charge details from your bank (showing all details of the disputed transactions). This will provide you with a merchant contact point.

It is the merchant that will have all the 'interesting' information; like remote IP address, time/date of order, where the order was shipped to, any other relevant info. It's not magic, and it will need to go to the police.

Contact the merchant both by telephone and in writing to let them know that you will be requiring the above information as it is connected with a crime committed against you (they may not want to provide it to you).

If you can get the information from them, well and good. Keep it to provide to your case officer later (s/he will probably need to get it directly from the merchant for criminal proceedings, but it may help them).

Let the merchant know in either case that the matter is with the police and that you'd appreciate them preserving the relevant information for provision to the police upon receipt of the proper warrant/declaration.

Sometimes, the police take a long time to investigate small-dollar crimes and the information may be destroyed if it's not requested early enough; unless the merchant has something to hide it's unlikely that they'll refuse to preserve the information. Get contact information from the merchant that you can provide to the police.

If you can convince the merchant that the charges were fraudulent, you may get a refund from the merchant directly, that will save everyone some time and money (including the merchant, so point this out to them).

If not, use your bank's credit card charge dispute process to initiate the merchant charge-back procedure (you need to fill in a couple of forms, if you don't fill in the forms the process probably hasn't begun).

This should get your credit-card losses back, which is probably your biggest concern.

If you want to do more things (e.g. get the money for your windows):

Get the relevant case ID and assigned officer from the police. Make sure you have current, valid contact details for the officer.

Contact the officer personally, this lets them know that someone is interested in the outcome. Squeaky wheel, and all that.

Let them know that the criminals also owe you for your window(s) and that you'd appreciate any publically-available information they can give you (e.g. hearing dates for related criminal proceedings)

Give them the merchant contact details and any information that you have been given (like shipping addresses etc).

Regards,

Saliya

thanks saliya very helpful =] will start doing all of that today =]

The cops do do everything they can, but there's only so much they can do without a complaint being made against them...

Back in the old days, if they thought they knew who had stolen it, they'd head around, haul them out the back of the station, and give em a kick up the arse until they actually admitted it, or were convinced that that suspect didn't (good enough reason to not get caught doing anything and become a suspect)

These days, if they even questioned the person informally, they'd have there arses belted by a higher up management because the arse hole who stole your wallet thought he was getting unfairly treated because he got questioned.

From what I last heard, the coppers were pretty darn sure they knew who had done the theft on my car, but they didn't have enough evidence to prove it. The only evidence they had, was the guys mobile phone, and the fact he has a history for doing it. But hey, he claims his phone was stolen and bam, he's home free...

As to insurance, luckily for me, it was my old bomb, and not my Skyline, so only had third party property, but still managed to sell the wreck for more then I paid for it. Only thing was, it was a good ol car!

ahh i miss the days where a good kick up the ass could fix almost anything =]

lucky it was ur old car...wish mine had been!

funny cos cops asked if i got the speeding fine in the skyline, they just laughed when i told them that i got it in my old bomb (true) that i didnt know could even reach 16kms over the limit :laugh:

some one has probably said this, but you leave your wallet in the car ?

what about your phone, other valuables?

yeah only left it in there cos was tired and forgot to take out. only other thing in there was an ASIC card (airport security card as im a flight attendant ) which would have sucked to be taken as i would have lost my job and gotten a big kick up the ass! lucky whoever broke in wasnt a terrorist.