SAU Community

Mallala Grip Practice Day

DSTROY

Well i just got home. Had a ball. Weather was a killer in the morning with water temps around 100 degrees.

The Cool change came around 1.30 and dropped water temp around 10 degrees.

Lex had boost issues so he only done 4 full laps. After the 1.30 sessions i was the only one on the track.

And yes i did spin, yes i got some 4wheel drift hehe.

cant wait to do it again.

hahah i have the funniest mental picture of u after 1:30 doin the lone ranger with a look of determination on your face absolutely hammering it :)

glad u got to spin and glad u got to get her sideways.. wonderful way to learn your car. she certainly has the suspension to do some intense handling.

chad andrew and dale, best of luck tomorrow and anyone else going. andrew how u gonna run above 1:20 :D u may get a warning or two. dale gave me a bit of a rundown with the porsche thing...... sounds pretty intense.. be sure to get a few vids. cheers for keeping us in the loop dale! financials just couldnt cut the extra money to run sunday.

she looks so ready for track work :)

post-27156-1234016760_thumb.jpg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

chad andrew and dale, best of luck tomorrow and anyone else going. andrew how u gonna run above 1:20 :P u may get a warning or two. dale gave me a bit of a rundown with the porsche thing...... sounds pretty intense.. be sure to get a few vids. cheers for keeping us in the loop dale! financials just couldnt cut the extra money to run sunday.

she looks so ready for track work :(

Well today was pretty action packed at Mallala, It started off with me not getting my helmet approved cos i had a big scratch on it :P but andrew helped out by getting his girl to bring down a spare. Thanks Andrew :geek:

First practice, some poor guy in a Evo 9 (i think) smashed his car head first into the wall and ended up in hospital, pretty sure the car is write off :(

Dale ended up taking out 2nd place overall in the Modern Regularity. Pretty good for his first time at the track :) Andrew, had a bit of trouble not going under 1.20.00 did it once and got a warning :laugh: He also blew out a rear brake line which cut his day a little short. My car went strong all day and i got a best lap of 1.21.77 :D

Will see what pics i can find and will post them up soon.

Edited by DSTROY

He ran wide on the fastest turn on the track and put two wheels in the dirt, it started to slide and he over corrected it and pretty much went head first into the padded section of the wall, i wasn't in my car at the time and the sound of the car hitting the wall was pretty bad.

The other side of the car looks much worse, it looked like the front left wheel was pushed back a bit its hit so hard :geek:

EDIT: Pic removed by request - heslo

How did the Semi's hold up Chad? Much wear on them?

They held up pretty good, should last me a fair few days at the track. Got my car weighed while i was there 1595kg with me and half a tank on board >_<

Definitely an action packed day at Mallala. Best wishes and regards go out to the guy in the evo, was chatting to him for about 10-15 min in the staging area before the practice session when it happened and he was a really nice bloke. Hope he can salvage as much as possible from the wreck.

My day went pretty averagely, running on semi's on the front and street tyres on the rear spun out 2nd lap of practice at the back straight hairpin my fault there didnt expect the car to be so loose in the rear. Got to the 4th lap when i noticed the water temp off the gauge and oil temp way too high. Pulled off went for a drive to cool her down and upon pulling into the pits found one thermo fan had died and the other just not moving enough air. Icing on the cake being because of it, it seems i spun a bearing :rant:. After that decided after 5 days working on the car to get it running i had to at least try and get it running and go out again so a big thanks to some of the pga guys who went back to adelaide to grab my clutch fan for me, got it on, got the car running again and ended taking it easy and running in the 4th session. Ran ok but was pretty smokey so called it a day. Final embaressment was stalling the car twice whilst loading it onto the trailer then getting off the clutch a bit quick and hitting the front lip on the trailer edge >_< Plans are now to completely strip the car and rebuild it, clean the whole thing up and get it 100% and get out again, when its out again it'll be a very different kettle of fish!

Anyway ,nice meeting some of you guys and apologies if i held anybody up in the practice lap / 4th session too as quite a few laps i was rather far off the pace, tried to get put into group B but they couldnt :D.

Hope to see you guys again sometime when i've rebuilt the car,

Cheers,

Rob

QUOTE (rhys5169 @ 8 Feb 2009, 08:35 PM) post_snapback.gifinsurance wise, cant you just tow it off the track and pretend it happened on the street?
fixed :rant:

jus playing, would be a good way to be arrested

na, knowing your luck, a feral from the motor accident commission might be lurking around in the woods >_<

actually Dan, you'd look good in pinstripes

OK, sorry...back OT