SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

Anyone in here know of a place to get the push in fittings for RB26 cam covers with a 90 degree outlet?

NOT a straight then add a Speedflow 90 degree bend - that wont fit. Needs to be the same fitting that goes into the cam cover that's got the bend in it

Tap the covers and run a 90 degree male union?

Tap the covers and run a 90 degree male union?

Yeah if nothing's available then it's going to be something along those lines. Prefer to be able to just get something off the shelf of course though :)

EDIT: That is.......if if exists somewhere haha. Pretty doubtful but worth asking

I just want to know a couple things from you 400kw guys i wana know,

What sumps you guys are using if in melb where u got it from size cost and if from out of melb cost of freight

Can the std intake piping and cooler support 400kw ? Coz i wana try keep it for now cant afford it,

Std exhaust manifold port matched to gasket will it flow 400?

Cheers

Depends on what you are using the car for.

Street only, just buy a Tomei baffle plate

Any kind of track work we get Extreme Custom Engineering to make a custom pan and gated system to whatever size or shape or configuration we want. $1000-$1100 usually. They are in Brisbane. They do very good work though

Anyone in here know of a place to get the push in fittings for RB26 cam covers with a 90 degree outlet?

NOT a straight then add a Speedflow 90 degree bend - that wont fit. Needs to be the same fitting that goes into the cam cover that's got the bend in it

They do fit.....you just have to cut them down lower before you weld on the -12.

Use a 90 deg on the intake side and a 120 deg on the exhaust side. Speedflow's new range of 100 series hose ends are all tight radius now. If they aren't tight enough then try Proflow or Aeroflow

Here's what Speedflow have for the job if no one makes them as push in; (excuse the shitty picture)

3e75a8ef.jpg

Get some threaded inserts machined up, push in, add fitting, sell extra fittings that you get machined to cover your costs

They do fit.....you just have to cut them down lower before you weld on the -12.

Use a 90 deg on the intake side and a 120 deg on the exhaust side. Speedflow's new range of 100 series hose ends are all tight radius now. If they aren't tight enough then try Proflow or Aeroflow

Dan just to be sure, you mean modify the actual cam cover right, not the fitting? Because I cant see how the fitting can be modified to make it lower.

I'm sure if it was an 05U height block it would be direct fit, this is RB30 so on a 32 the bonnet clearance is shocking.

Have you modified any cam covers in the past? Got any pics of them once complete by any chance please?

Get some threaded inserts machined up, push in, add fitting, sell extra fittings that you get machined to cover your costs

There's an idea!

Yeah we did it on a 26/30 in a 34. Custom bonnet though.

I did them at standard height. You can get them to sit about 10mm lower by cutting off the lump in the cover before you weld on the -12 fitting.

I'll try to dig up a photo but I'm not sure where.

There is also a mod using a landcruiser(?) engine mount which sits the engine another 10mm lower I think. I'm doing research on this at the moment

why don't u stick with the OEM fittings as then u won't have clearance issues (I didn't on my setup)...or is the OD incorrect for your plumbing?

[RH9GTR] has them on its RB26/30 in an R32 GTR with stock bonnet....check engine bay pics ;)

2nsoqbc.jpg

Seen that before. They rise up too much, it doesn't look factory enough for me - it's not only about fitment. I have a raised trailing edge so the clearance is fine for now but if I change that in the future it will be close but still should shut.

why don't u stick with the OEM fittings as then u won't have clearance issues (I didn't on my setup)...or is the OD incorrect for your plumbing?

Stock ones look terrible IMO and means I cant use AN fittings which the rest of the engine bay has. And yeah that makes plumbing that little bit more fiddly.

Would make it a non cover removal job, and I'm sure other peeps would like some.

Yeah agreed, would be popular. Don't know if I can be bothered with all that though - don't really want to spend much time on this part of the car

Yeah we did it on a 26/30 in a 34. Custom bonnet though.

I did them at standard height. You can get them to sit about 10mm lower by cutting off the lump in the cover before you weld on the -12 fitting.

I'll try to dig up a photo but I'm not sure where.

There is also a mod using a landcruiser(?) engine mount which sits the engine another 10mm lower I think. I'm doing research on this at the moment

Thanks that would be great!

I'd be keen to hear more about lowering the engine. I know several RB30's have been put in at stockish heights, but everyone seems to do it differently. There's a market for bolt in mount kits, so everything needed to install RB30 to R32GTR in one package.

Is it 1000 delivered? What to do with my sump?

$1000 approximation on a sump and you are asking if it includes delivery?

I wouldn't have a clue what delivery would cost you. I drive up to his front door, drop off a sump, tell him where I want fittings and what I wanna do with it and about 2-3 weeks later I get a custom GTR sump back