SAU Community

best bang fr yr buck power?

streamer

guys,

lookin to increase the power of my R33 GTS25.

Its a RB25DE with 2.5 exhaust frm cat back, blitz air filter is all i know of...

interested in upping that a whole lot...

what shd i do? change the bottom end? already have a std R33 turbo and manifold on the books...but bsides that, what can i do to make this car crazier...much crazier..

thanks

:P

bam: SHHHHH ;)

righto, heres a run down on my research so far, figures are aproximate power gains and bang for your bucks (nz dollars)

extraxtors 5-6rwkw $350

Nos (50hp shot) $1600

cam gear inlet only 2-4rwkw $250

cam kit (run with standard ecu) 10% gain $795

SAFC II 10-12% gain (tuned) 2nd hand $450

hope that is of some help.

Ok, so you are going to go turbo.

Have you thought about buying a GTS25T that has been witten off in a accident, that way you will have all the bits you need and just swap them over to your car. Stronger engine, gearbox, better brakes, suspension and not to mention intercooler.

1 1/2 years ago we looked into turboing ours, we found the cheapest way was to buy a wreck ($3000) and change all the bits over. We didnt do it, and $3500 later I still haven't broken into the 15's for the 1/4, if only we had turboed it.

Just something to think about.

And with your sort of budget you should be able to upgrade the exhaust system, CAI, intercooler, boost controller and a few other bits as well.

ive changed me mind...

im either considering buying a 200sx S15...theyre just absolutely gorgeous...a newer car and just slightly more expensive.

if im gonna spend money on the car, i wanna make sure it has residual value eventually....so maybe a s15 is the way to go...

if not then ill do up the skyline i guess

:P

guys, with 10k or so.

what kinda power shd i expect?

im sure there wd be a few routes to take...ie rb25DET

or rb30 with 25DE hybrid kinda thing.

what would be the best route to take?

and what kinda powers to expect?

what would be the best route to take?

1.) obviously it would be cheaper to sell your car and buy a turbo version

however.

2.)you said you were after some more power you could always buy the 1997 rb26dett and put that thing in :P im not sure how much it would cost to install but running that thing on more boost etc compared to your n/a would feel like heaven :(

with 10k u can just do it, u take a vl turbo bottom end, balance the crank, shot peened rods, all new bearings, GTR head, Custom Plenum, Microtech MTX-12, Forged pistons, Custom Exaust manifold/s, and a pair or single turbo that matches ur budget, This is an awesome setup, even with high flow GTR turbos 350-400 hp at the crank is very achievable, if theres more money bigger turbo's and away u go!

NA-R33...

better to sell the GTS and buy a T or do this baby up?

im kinda attached to it and its in a great condition but i can make more power out of a T with the same money

yr suggestions?

seeing u haf been struggling w the power issues for as long as i prob haf after buying an NA

haha, yeah im atached to mine to, i cant sell it. The Microtech LTX-12 engine management is about 1500 bucks, a turbo gearbox would be in order, though i never budgeted for that as i was gonna drive mine till i broke it with the new engine.

yes there is list as long as my arm of things, basically my mechanic said 10g's would get me there, im not building this engine myself nemore im going a different route but the rb30 with gtr head built right has some serious potential.

10k .. better to sell what u got .. u'll get something like 15k or so .. add in that 10k and u could get a modded one already for 25k. thats the easy option .. plus u get to test the car out to see if u like the power ... thats what i would do if i was in ur position.