SAU Community

M35 Wiring Red Wires Piggybacked All Over Car

Tommy Kaira RL

I have a m35 which has red wires going through the whole car connected to everything with piggy backs and then they are all coiled up where the ecu is they have japanese yellow stickers with a description on it. Where they there for an after market ecu or computer. My model is a 2002 does anyone have these in there car and what they might of been for.

do you have any idea what some of the things are that its spliced into? is the coiled up bit near the ecu connected to anything?

if the wires are running all through the car i would say that its not for an aftermarket piggyback ecu, because if it was they would be in the area of the ecu only. my best guess is that they are wires for a removed alarm system.

do you have any idea what some of the things are that its spliced into? is the coiled up bit near the ecu connected to anything?

if the wires are running all through the car i would say that its not for an aftermarket piggyback ecu, because if it was they would be in the area of the ecu only. my best guess is that they are wires for a removed alarm system.

They are connected to most of the positive feeds around the car, lights blinkers, looks like all the signal wires from sensors and they are definately all coiled up near the ecu and look like they were never connected. I would have to disagree about the alarm system because there is about 40 red wires and alarms dont need this many and they wouldnt be all red its got to be something else

• Like 1

They are connected to most of the positive feeds around the car, lights blinkers, looks like all the signal wires from sensors and they are definately all coiled up near the ecu and look like they were never connected. I would have to disagree about the alarm system because there is about 40 red wires and alarms dont need this many and they wouldnt be all red its got to be something else
Dunno but my series I has lots of wires from the ecu connected to a little grey factory box going nowhere and seems to be just a common earth. Maybe yours has a common positive.

The fact they are all the same colour would make me think it could be for an alarm system too.

The high quality systems have all black wiring so thieves can't work out what wire does what. Maybe this is the same only red.

Once its all hooked up to the ECU and working you pull the red stickers off and noone will have any idea what goes where.

Or maybe I'm totally wrong.

• 4 months later...

Back to my original question now that I took some photos of the red wires the other day. I also found down by the kick panel a plug that went back into the consult plug with an S video type plug on one end for a computer or something. I have slowly been taking these out as they are all connected to live wires around the car and are just coiled up near ecu at the moment. Because i dont wont any shorts. So I just wanted to know if it might of been for factory testing or a prototype for something

post-52024-1244343091_thumb.jpg post-52024-1244343393_thumb.jpg post-52024-1244343727_thumb.jpg

those wires really do look like they are part of an alarm system of sorts becasue of the labelling. a couple of them look to say window up/down etc from what i can see

The red wires all over the car arent connected to anything one end and the wiring for all the other features is multi coloured. Thats why I thought that they might of been for testing different computers