SAU Community

R32 Cluster/Suspension Conversion

Zushi

I have been working converting my S13 from 4 lug to 5 lug, and I'm using the bits off of an R32 Skyline GTS-T. I tried just swapping hubs and calipers but that didn't work because of the skylines independent parking brake. It seems I'll have to use the entire knuckle in order to do this conversion. In the rear, the Skyline's knuckle will swap in close to perfectly. The front is another situation though. There is a completely different knuckle system. I was thinking about just converting the front so that I could put the Skyline knuckle in but then I would have to use a Skyline suspension(not a problem, I have a full set of RSR suspension for an R32 already) but I noticed that the Silvia's have 3 bolts on the top of their suspensions while the Skylines only have 2. Does anyone know if there are any Skylines that have a suspension with 3 bolts on top so I could just easily swap that suspension in. Or if anyone has ever done this swap and has some things to add just let me know, I could use any advice. Thanks.

I see your in the US, when i get home ill look for an article that i have.

Its a US magazine that were building up an S13 SR20 powered Silvia. They put some mean Brembo F50 brake conversion on it, and they give you a part number run down on bits you require from the Nissan parts bin. From memory it was mostly S14 & 300XZ parts.