SAU Community

Front Pipe Selection

Ok I have a 93' R33 GTSt. Some time ago I had a Kakimoto stainless cat back system fitted - no probs there. Later I purchased an X-Force 3" cat, HPI split front pipe and JJR split dump pipe. The dump pipe fits perfectly and is on the car, the front pipe however will not go the distance between cat and dump pipe (its inches short) plus the dump pipe end on it is the wrong angle anyway to match (could this be an R34 part :wave: ?). So its way too late to take any of this stuff back so what I now need is a decent front pipe that will match up and be long enough to go from cat to dump pipe and actually fit. Thanks for any assistance !!

Ok I have a 93' R33 GTSt. Some time ago I had a Kakimoto stainless cat back system fitted - no probs there. Later I purchased an X-Force 3" cat, HPI split front pipe and JJR split dump pipe. The dump pipe fits perfectly and is on the car, the front pipe however will not go the distance between cat and dump pipe (its inches short) plus the dump pipe end on it is the wrong angle anyway to match (could this be an R34 part :wave: ?). So its way too late to take any of this stuff back so what I now need is a decent front pipe that will match up and be long enough to go from cat to dump pipe and actually fit. Thanks for any assistance !!

well have you spoken to custom fabricators?

you may wana look into a custom exhaust workshop.....they may be able to weld something up to suit

and may be better on your wallet too......than trying to measure everything to suit

i have the same cat and cat back(brand any way)

Above as, just go the single piece dump/front pipe - 1 less gasket to worry about

Got mine from just jap and fitted fine, its a x-force bell mouth unit but its not listed on their website anymore - only JJR ones

post-36493-1235002803_thumb.jpg

ok further information on this for you... the part you have is the worng HPI part, its for an R32. i am pretty sure the R34 dual front pipe is the correct one. i just bought the R33 part from JustJap and its wrong. Does not fit at all, is short and is the wrong angle just like you said...