SAU Community

2009 Tarmac Challenge / Dutton

Roy

Round 1 has been run and won by Chris Thomson and Adam Newton in Chris's R33 GTR.

A lot better than the old Vic Dutton, so NSW should be good with the SS stage...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 1 has been run and won by Chris Thomson and Adam Newton in Chris's R33 GTR.

A lot better than the old Vic Dutton, so NSW should be good with the SS stage...

Congrats to the boys (Scotsman and Adzmax) on the win- more SAU motorsport domination!!!!!!

Congrats to the boys (Scotsman and Adzmax) on the win- more SAU motorsport domination!!!!!!

Close, but Adzmax is the other Adz..... You want Norton, Newton, Handbags, big red, etc

Well done guys! :banana:

I dunno about this NSW round. The WRC special stage sounds cool, but think about it. The WRC guys will be blasting around there looking awesome no doubt. I fail to see any Dutton competitor, without the benefit of pace notes for the stage, looking anything but slow.

I can see spectators rolling their eyes at the Dutton cars.

Am I wrong?

Sif care what spectators think!

I race for my own fun! :banana: And I reckon that stage along with a crack at a bunch of epic auto-tests / hill climbs (if what they did for Vic this year is anything to go by) should be great fun.

I'm hoping to do NSW if I can find something cool to do it in. But I want to do it in street class - mostly because with 1,000km of transport stages I want to do it in something nice and comfortable! LOL

That was the best thing about wrecking the R34 in the Vic round - the R35 was tops for cruising to Lang Lang and Morwell in compared to the race car.

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at the pace of the Duttons guys! Given the power and weight of some of the Duttons cars going around. There's also in all likelihood that the WRC cars will all have to run gravel tyres and not semi slicks or tarmac tyres.

As an example; the Super Special Stage at Busselton for the ARC (Forest Rally) is made available to the WA Speed Event Series during the day with the ARC and WA state round being run on the same circuit in the evening. This year the best time was approx 1min 32sec by Neal Bates; I came second and was running 1min 29sec.

Yeah I've done Dutton. It's not a personal attack guys, I just know what it's like trying to attack a course blind, especially IF you cannot see over or around the guard rails. I don't even know the layout of the special stage, I was just bringing it up for discussion. :blink:

Close, but Adzmax is the other Adz..... You want Norton, Newton, Handbags, big red, etc

sorry massive fail from Kel

but you SAU VIC blokes are just confusing at the best of times :blink:

congrats to other Adz

and all who competed

Yeah I've done Dutton. It's not a personal attack guys, I just know what it's like trying to attack a course blind, especially IF you cannot see over or around the guard rails. I don't even know the layout of the special stage, I was just bringing it up for discussion. :)

But it's not really blind?? :whistling:

Did they not give out a layout book of all your courses this time?

Well Done to all that competed!!! I hope I do a dutton again soon :down:

Maybe it isn't Jess? I'm unsure.... that's why I bought it to the table to discuss.

I may enter NSw round if I can find a co-driver.

I'm was assuming it was blind because when I did the Vic round in '07 there was no sighting lap. I'd never been to any of the circuits either :down:

How did it go?

Ive always wanted to do a Dutton !

It was supercharged but I'm not sure where it was in results.

Maybe it isn't Jess? I'm unsure.... that's why I bought it to the table to discuss.

I'm was assuming it was blind because when I did the Vic round in '07 there was no sighting lap. I'd never been to any of the circuits either :down:

They were going to do some stupid stuff at Vic like stages at Lang Lang without sighting laps but we talked em into it coz it would have been straight out dangerous without it.

I had not done a single event from the schedule this year. It made it even more fun but really if I cared about being fast i wouldn't have enjoyed it being new to everything.

I'm was assuming it was blind because when I did the Vic round in '07 there was no sighting lap. I'd never been to any of the circuits either :)

Oh I understand now..Sorry Marlin...Yeah I never got to do a sighting lap either

If I do another one would like a co driver to share the driving between events and money costs..plus more fun when you have a mate doing it with you!

Any incar vids yet??? Wanna see how Big Red went :D

Jess this year i believe the costs are pre driver not per team/car so have come down a fair bit for those entering solo.

I'm really really keen on doing this, if not this year next year for sure. I'm trying to convince the inlaws and a friend to sponsor the car and cover the entry fee, through their respective companies. They can claim it back as advertising costs. Just got get em drunk enough before i ask :-)

Yeah it's always had differing pricing whether there was just a driver or a two person team entering. The prices are a little more realistic now which is good :D

i think it's still cheaper to share the event with someone, you know, fuel, accom etc... as long as they don't break your car and leave you holding the baby! :D