SAU Community

553.5kw At 4 Wheels Pump Fuel

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im geting an auto 4wd box built out of a nissan cima.

Just want to be different so we will soon see how it goes

I know where you can get a 4WD T400 if you smash it as i looked at going auto but decided to stay with the manual.

Edited by DiRTgarage

I know where you can get a 4WD T400 if you smash it as i looked at going auto but decided to stay with the manual.

In all seriousness, have you actually seen a finished TH400 4wd?

The reason I ask is I had a guy tell me he had one in his GTR and when I asked for pix he replied to say he'd made a mistke and his car was 2wd with a TH400.

I've "heard" of these 4wd TH400s but no-one seems to actually be able to produce evidence.

Rob

In all seriousness, have you actually seen a finished TH400 4wd?

The reason I ask is I had a guy tell me he had one in his GTR and when I asked for pix he replied to say he'd made a mistke and his car was 2wd with a TH400.

I've "heard" of these 4wd TH400s but no-one seems to actually be able to produce evidence.

Rob

Ill take some shots this weekend...ok

australians build some of the best gearboxes in the world...why is it so hard to believe they cannot do it with transmissions Robbie?

These guys engineer some of australia's best street and show cars so i don't at all question what they have achieved. Mick Stanic from Subzero also has done a T400 GTR box although ive not seen that one 1st hand.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Ill take some shots this weekend...ok

australians build some of the best gearboxes in the world...why is it so hard to believe they cannot do it with transmissions Robbie?

Man, your danglies must be really playing up, lol. Relax and read my question in a positive way as a genuine question, not that I'm on your case or calling you out, geeeeeez.

I didn't say I didn't believe you, I mearly wanted proper confirmation that a TH400 4wd had been done because the only ones I'd heard of turned out not be real.

Any pix or contact info of the guys who've done the trans would be greatly apreciated.

Rob

ive seen the box mick stanic had but it was a 4wd powerglide not a th400 just looked like a glide with an oem gtr transfer case adapted,it seemed to work fine in his street gtr.it might actually be the same gearbox that went into marios 8 sec gtr in dubai.

Hahahahaha until I read this I didn't realise there was a cunning stunt performed, awesome :D

BTW, it occured to me that this power figure is the highest I've read about on a Dyno Dynamics running 98 without nitrous.... gotta be up there?

ant ND4SPD in WA ran 660odd rwkw no nos, i cant remember if it was bp98 or some kind of monkey juice

never the less it was on low boost, only 21-24psi or something stupidly low like that

edit: apparently was on jungle juice, ill ask him if he ran it on bp98 ever

Edited by Cerbera

^^^ i wonder how often he can enjoy that power.... other than powercruise.

A turbo that can ingest humans would not be fun to drive around on the street

I get annoyed with the lag mine has.... and its running stock twins

A 500 or 600ps combo for a street/occaisional track warrior would be much more enjoyable to drive around town

But at the end of the day i guess he built it just to crank massive HP figures

^^^ i wonder how often he can enjoy that power.... other than powercruise.

A turbo that can ingest humans would not be fun to drive around on the street

I get annoyed with the lag mine has.... and its running stock twins

A 500 or 600ps combo for a street/occaisional track warrior would be much more enjoyable to drive around town

But at the end of the day i guess he built it just to crank massive HP figures

his car makes full boost by 5000rpm and pulls hard till 9000.

how can that not be fun?

my mate runs a gt3540 rb30 on his r34 and makes full boost by 3900 and pulls to 7000.

he makes around 350rwkw. and has yet to even lose to anything on the street. and trsut me 20psi by 4000rpm is f*kn responsive on a big turbo like that.

we both know there are alot more serious cars out there.

but with a AWD system and full boot by 5000rpm. and making over 5000kw.

thats more fun then dreamworld

your profile says u own a r33 gtst....what stock twins are you talking about?

stock GTRs make full boost by 2500rpm but make like 250awk.......which is f*k all and isnt all that fast.

i can tell youve never been in anything other then your standard 2.5 or 2.6 skyline. this guys running a rb30 which will cause less lag and even more power. i dont think you know what lag is boy

Edited by VB-

ive seen the box mick stanic had but it was a 4wd powerglide not a th400 just looked like a glide with an oem gtr transfer case adapted

Cheers for that, I thought it was 2 speed.

Hopefully dirt can get some pix and info on the th400 he knows of.

Rob