SAU Community

How Do Boost Control Kits For Power Fc Hook Up

hey all got a quick 1 for u about boost control kit for power fc it has 3 vac inputs com,nc,no.

in the apexi powerfc faq it has

COM line should goto wastegate actuator

NO line should goto intercooler piping

but nothing about NC is this where ur map sensor go's or dose map sensor go to intake vac out let..

also why dose NO line goto intercooler piping and not into intake vac out let as thats where most boost controler ran from i throught

NC you only use if your using an external gate, if your using internal then you just use the two outlets as specified in the write up

You leave the NC port blank, as is

i am using external gate mate

so dose external gate go to nc

then whats com go to mate

this what it says for external gate nothing about NC

For external wastegate setup it should be plumbed between the manifold and your external wastegate pressure line.

If your using external then take the NO port out and screw it into the NC port which means you will leave the NO port blank and you will be using COM & NC

page043-44.jpg

Bottom right of how it hooks up

COM port to the top of the external waste gate

NC port goes to IC pipe - I will explain how I did it

I connected a vac line directly from the blow off valve vac port (on the cross pipe) to the side of the ex gate. T pieced that vac line close to the IC pipe and ran one to the blow off valve (like it is stock) and the other to the NC port on the solenoid

Hope that helps

well NO stands for normally open and NC for.... you guessed it normally closed. so you'll only be using one or the other depending on the type of solenoid/set-up you have. not both. so if you are plumbing up the NO line then of course the NC port is connected to nothing.

the top of my ex gate is vent atnosphere and the side is to boost controler so from the side port on gate to com and nc to ic pipe

i have a greddy intake so my bov is vac to intake vac port

so nc must go to IC pipe dose it matter what side of IC it is or can it go to intake vac port

where dose map sensor go do it go to 1 of the intake vac ports

so dose it matter what side of ic piping the NC go's to as in turbo side or TB side

and for map sensor can it go start to manifold or is there a reason why it gets t ed into FPR line

technically it will work plenum side of TB but will be marginally better if you hook it up as close to the turbo as possible on the pressure side, it's a better idea to do it this way.

people dont have to answer and they might not

do some research yourself or make it easier for people to understand what you are trying to achieve

try drawing a diagram and posting it up - you might get a quicker response