SAU Community

Cheapest Smash Repairers In Perth?

shaunvlc

Do you have any picks of the damage caused to your bike? get some cause a hit that big (that they are claiming) would of bent the frame on the bike or at least busted the forks or shifted the engine, if none of this happened then there is nothing they can do you for. Is your bike registered? If not then the worst they can do is call the police saying you were riding an unregistered bike, with no evidence you were :D the details you then gave them were to say you saw someone hit the car and ride off not that it was actually you that did it, it now becomes a their word against yours and they will have to take you to court and will loose cause you can prove no damage to your bike :D I have been there before...

the details you then gave them were to say you saw someone hit the car and ride off not that it was actually you that did it, it now becomes a their word against yours and they will have to take you to court and will loose cause you can prove no damage to your bike :banana: I have been there before...

My guess would be that he admitted liability in the note he left.

I agree with Brad. Most people would admit responsibility when they leave a note. Then you get the people like the guy who hit my car last night who don't leave notes at all and leave me to fix the damage myself... Slightly annoyed. Point is, I'm interested in decent but cheap panel beaters you guys reccommend.

I think it depends exactly what the note said... if he said bluntly i hit your car then yes, but if he just gaves his details to say there was an accident then he can claim otherwise. If they are pricks then be one back i say. I had a situation where a women hit me and admitted to police to seeing me, my car, my passanger, and the time and place but said she did not hit the car even though there was damage, i had to take her to court to get it fixed, she then also had court costs :P

i didnt leave a note. i literally hit the car got up all shaken up and they come running out to see if i was alright. got an email from some debt collectors the other day. they want payment, told them there not going to get a cent until the insurance company contacts me respectfully and provides me with information. the only info they gave me was to pay this etc etc.

The guy at the panel shop that forwarded the quote on said cant do much about it car is still under new car warranty. I said no its not. Its been three years and hes like ahhh, ummm ahhh ahahhaha. D!CK!!!!!!

Woh back up there m8, wadda ya mean it's been 3 years............Since the accident?

If it's taken this long to claim then look up your statute of limitations.

Also I call BS. Over that time frame the vehicle may have sustained additional damage from a H&R, for which they are pinning on you.

Woh back up there m8, wadda ya mean it's been 3 years............Since the accident?

If it's taken this long to claim then look up your statute of limitations.

Also I call BS. Over that time frame the vehicle may have sustained additional damage from a H&R, for which they are pinning on you.

I think hes trying to say its been over 3 Years, so its no longer under Warrenty :(

what i would do since u obviously know were the owner of the car lives.

get $500 in cold hard cash. walk up to there front door, tell them heres $500, now tell the insurance company u no longer want the car repaired.

most ppl i know would take the $500 if its waved in front of there nose.

thats what we did when my sister hit a sh*t box old honda city.

regards

Chris

i wouldnt do that $500 thing as it means u are claiming responsibilty for the accident. if you do no settle claims it means you are not responsible. as for more quotes!!!

more quotes ftw.. tell the guy to eat a dick. hes obviously doing a dodgy either declair it as a reparable write off or hes getn half the car resprayed in reality (doing other things that he wants done making you pay for it)

put it this way.. i had a lady run up the back of my old AE101 levin.. there is about 5 in perth.

I had the rear pulled back slightly, bumper was bogged slightly and resprayed, new tail lamp.. i got the roof sprayed as well (figured what the hell), had the front bumper touched up.. that cost 1100 bucks...

your getting dodged for sure.. im in the parts industry, call SSS auto parts or Kenji auto parts, they sell new aftermarket parts.. I would be sourcing hte parts from there, they are cheap as chips.. they might be quoting on genuine parts but even then thats just crazy.. bumpers are tops 500 bucks genuine for somthn like that, guard woud be about 360 for a genuine one i rekn.. plus paint and laybour.. your getn jipped!

• 1 month later...

i just rebuilt a 2004 corolla sportivo with sss parts..(headlights and fr bumper were genuine from sss and only slighly more in price than non genuine)

bumper 117

lights 110

bonnet 180 i think

guards 90 each

and i got commodore vz ss guards with holes for vents in....130 each!!! i have seen these sell for 600 second hand...

call me 0425 821975 i will quote on this accent for you..(spent last 3 yrs selling write off at pickles) now i buy them myself and fix them. .i will go to where car is.

sorry mate but its been fixed already, i was informed that insurance companies who have insured the other guy (i wasnt insured riding an mx bike) wont do me any favours at all. this means i cant choose where they are to obtain quotes from, where i want the car repaired. its all up to the owner of the vehicle. no doubt she chose the highest quote she could as the prices started at 2600 and went right up to 5300.

they even tried to charge me a $300.00 towing fee from their house to the repairer!!!! terrible hey considering he drove the car 600km from Kal to perth after the accident hahaha. cheers for the offer but mate, would have been super handy if i was able to choose the repairer, however they have knocked a grand off the bill anyways so im more than happy to cooperate with them now.

stories like this shit me!

I can see why you gave in and decided to pay etc. My mate accidentally scuffed an 02 e-class rear bumper (his NEIGHBOUR) while reversing and left a note... that evening the guy came knocking and wanted 1.5k cash that day and threatened with swearing and saying he'll him to court and the whole thing. He agreed to my mates choice of repairer and got it looking like new for 300 bucks...

yeah its unfortunate but there is not much you can do. It was a serious wake up call and now i put my bike on the back of a ute if i want to go riding. Which is the way it should be. The guys didnt threaten me or anything.