SAU Community

Targa Tasmania 2009

Kel

Dad is running again this year with Ray Vandersee in the Skelta.

atm we are helping Paul Bergman get his R33 GTR N1 ready for it to compete in targa again, should do well this year.

Targa Tas is definatly a must do in a lifetime, will get there one day :)

Sweeeeeet.

Those Skeltas are awesome. Absolutely insane, but awesome.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the Traqmate wired in by Damo last night, everything is logging properly...but when the unit is connected, the tacho dosn't work, so I need to see how to fix that. Appart from that I just need to put the side intrusion bars in, and nav seat in on friday, and it's ready for the test at Symmons on Tuesday. Not going to get time to work on it tomorrow after work, cause we're taking the other gt-r to get the cage put in it.

I drove the car back from the workshop tonight, and with 1 muffler gone, and no interior, the car is realy loud. Sounds awsome....don't know if it still will by the end of the event though :yes:

Edited by sav man

Just back from my last few non-motorsport days in a bit down playing on the farm.

Only 11 more sleeps until i leave for Targa :(

So who is going to be out at Symmonds Plains on the Sunday?

I'm over in Perth currently and have been informed that Steve Jones is over in Tassie (has been for a week or so) and will be there until Targa starts so he's obviously planning on a pretty serious crack at this event in his first go. Should be fun to watch.

It really does feel this year that there are so many possible contenders for modern. Cracking the top 10 even will be a challenge. It should be quite exciting!

just finised recce, 1100km today (day 4 & 5 together). Looks like there is a few people down here doing the same, there were quite a few rent a cars, and mainland cars that keps appearing in targa stages. Mt Black and Roseberry are bloody slippery in the wet

we're taking the car for a run at Symmons tomorrow. It'll be the first time it's driven in anger since targa last year.

T-Minus 7 days to recce, would love to be out checking stages right now. just can't :)

looks like I'm getting a day of recce in - lucky Steve/The Car can drive their own way just about every Targa stage blindfold :)

looks like I'm getting a day of recce in - lucky Steve/The Car can drive their own way just about every Targa stage blindfold ;)

Dunno how you do it! should come down a week early and jump in with one of us.

I remember in 07 doing the east coast (day 2) without recce, was surprisingly good (and fast) when we weren't broken down :)

I am ready to eat, sleep and breathe pace notes

That would be a bit of fun I'm sure - just need an extra week in each day atm to actually be able to do that!

Now that I think of it we only did about a day of recce for Targa last year & would have managed a top 30 finish if we hadn't had the fuel pump fail as we rolled into TC on a stage :D

I reckon you can get away with it at Targa if you've got good notes?

You don't need to be driving flat out off calls to still manage a finish and a good result (in my very humble opinion!)

I remember in 07 doing the east coast (day 2) without recce, was surprisingly good (and fast) when we weren't broken down :D

I am ready to eat, sleep and breathe pace notes

Notes and a few other goodies are on their way via TNT Overnight first class lil' buddy.

the novice is getting nervous!!

stop being such a big girl Russ :blush:

good to see you've finally joined the thread with only 14 (yay!) days to go

i'm having a run of good luck today- the last bit of new gear ordered (new suit, new balaclavas, fireproof undies etc etc etc) arrived.

feels a bit weird to have everything organised for a change!

stop being such a big girl Russ :blush:

good to see you've finally joined the thread with only 14 (yay!) days to go

i'm having a run of good luck today- the last bit of new gear ordered (new suit, new balaclavas, fireproof undies etc etc etc) arrived.

feels a bit weird to have everything organised for a change!

Well give us look girla,,,chuck it all on and get Duncy to take some pics,,,oh what about some superwomen shots,,,

Oh shit Kel's gonna bash the crap outa me

Neil.

Well give us look girla,,,chuck it all on and get Duncy to take some pics,,,oh what about some superwomen shots,,,

Oh shit Kel's gonna bash the crap outa me

Neil.

here you go Neily...

post-935-1239712147_thumb.jpg

the novice is getting nervous!!

MAte don't worry, I'm nervous too! More regarding leaving "my baby" (my business) than anything else.

Our chat on the phone last night really helped me get my head straight though mate, thanks.

I'm back from Perth which means it's officially time to start getting organised. This next week is going to fly I'm sure simply because it feels like I'm running out of time.

So we keep threatening this each year but it rarely happens :cool:

SAU meet up at some stage? Or we could just all catch up to talk crap for a bit at the welcome party?

Notes and a few other goodies are on their way via TNT Overnight first class lil' buddy.

I like presents :cool:

Im not so much nervous, more anxious only cos i need time in the seat to flush some of this adrenalin through. Recce and prologue should fix that.

If not a few bravery gravy's should!

SO are we going to try and have a big SAU meet up one night, I don't know what everyones recce plans are but maybe we could grab a bite to eat/drink one night?

I'm keen for a meet-up. I'm guessing the Sat or Sun night before the event will be the best for most right? Otherwise - I know nothing about the place so can't recommend a where or anything.