SAU Community

3rd Brake Light Vs Spoiler

Hey Guys,

Pulled apart my boot stuff today in an effort to connect my 3rd brake light.

After taking out the 3rd brake light, it (obviously) wasn't connected.

What confuses me though, is i couldn't see anywhere where the 2 PIN connector should go?

Does anyone know if i can get both the spoiler AND the 3rd brake light going?

I dun see why there isn't a connector for it?

Can anyone who doesn't have a spoiler take a photo and check. The 3rd brake light just slides back and out?

I'd really appreciate it! :banana:

Big ups! :banana::D

what are you trying to do? are you trying to install an OEM spoiler (with 3rd brake lights in the spoiler) on a car that didnt come with one?

My bad, probably should have explained that!

My car came with an OEM spoiler which works fine right now, im just trying to get both the spoiler AND 3rd brake light on when i tape the brake, rather than it being just the spoiler?

thanks for the reply =)

maybe they're not suppose to work together, as if you got the 3rd brake spoiler then why would you need the 3rd brake light behind the rear windscreen is for? it's probably not that visible from behind.

otherwise you can just get a cable and tap it to where the spoiler cable is... positive usually is the one with a red line or black line on the wire. if in doubt use a multimeter.

i really won't have time to pull my boot apart, as it's gonna be a very busy for me as my mother in law, grand ma in law and auntie in law are all visiting...

im prett sure legally the one on the wing should be the only one connected, probably why not the windscreen one has been disconnected. if it wasnt done during compliance, a similar law may apply in Japan

Well thats just stupid, how can one light be safe, but 2 dangerous..... some more wonderful Australian road regulations...

I'll see if i can find a suitable connector and connect them both. Very stupid IMHO!

i think the regulation is there for a reason e.g. to prevent anyone attaching 50 set of brake lights like light bulbs around a moulan rouge dancer's dressing room mirror.

i'd be pissed driving behind such car with hundreds set of brake lights blinding my eyes every time it brakes.

so i think the maximum is three. that's why there's no term for 4th brake lights.

mine was not connected when i got my car, i pulled the cover at the back (rear windscreen brakes)n fount out it wasn't connected! (cable was tucked in)first i was hesitated to connect coz i was thingkin maybe too much load for my brake fuse but decided to connect wit my finger cross... now its working, no problem! i got four brake lights working! and so far no complain from cops or anybody.

mine was not connected when i got my car, i pulled the cover at the back (rear windscreen brakes)n fount out it wasn't connected! (cable was tucked in)first i was hesitated to connect coz i was thingkin maybe too much load for my brake fuse but decided to connect wit my finger cross... now its working, no problem! i got four brake lights working! and so far no complain from cops or anybody.

Edwin, thats perfect, just what i wanted to hear =)

What was the trick to get the back cover off(rear window)? I see two small cap covers, but i can't seem to pop them off? Any hints?