SAU Community

Nsw Hill Climb Champs

raps86

well after only thinking it was a local car club run event i turned up on the saturday to notice that it was the state round. as im walking through the padock i spotted Michele and Mark there with thier cars and Neil with the radical. It was a good weekend up there.

There was a few accidents and troubles on the saturday but today ran smoothly. Congrats to Michele and Mark with the results that u won and sorry to Neil but i missed ur results for the weekend.

Thanks David

Neil won his class on both days and I believe he broke the class record. There is some controversy as to which class Neil should be in... keeping in mind that Neil is the first to say he believes they have him in the wrong class. It seems CAMS is not unlike the rest of us here at SAU... they just don't know where he fits in :)

I put the new ViPEC ECU in the GTR and the guys who put in in didn't get it tuned properly in time, oh it went fine on the dyno, but farted and splattered all the way up the hill. Mark was very p!ssed off with the tune, but still managed a 3rd in class on day 1 and 2nd in class on day 2.

I came second in class (Formula Libra over 2000cc) on both days and fastest lady on both days.

Fabulous weekend as always and a taste of what to expect for the Bathurst Speed Weekend in December. BE THERE!!!

Thanks David for your help yet again. It was awesome of you to offer and help out like you did.

It's all good David,,,I like to keep to myself on race weekends.

We had a fantastic weekend and great the 3 of us all took home trophies. :)

Michele you are so correct,,,cams moved me 3 times last year!!!.

Saturday arvo I had a long talk with the cams offical,,,you can bet the 2C rules will be changed and I'll end up there again.

But for the moment cams say I'm 2A and thats that.

I won my class both days and smashed the records on both as well. Saturday I lowered the record by 1.35 and Sunday by 1.01 with lots more time in the car.

If and when they do move me I will make sure I beat those records as well,,,just to piss off one particular person. :)

Neil.

I made the Western Advocate's back page but it's in pdf and I have no idea how to post it.

Here's 3 pics they took of me.

post-29-1236759268_thumb.jpg

post-29-1236759290_thumb.jpg

post-29-1236759308_thumb.jpg

Neil.

Thanks David

Neil won his class on both days and I believe he broke the class record. There is some controversy as to which class Neil should be in... keeping in mind that Neil is the first to say he believes they have him in the wrong class. It seems CAMS is not unlike the rest of us here at SAU... they just don't know where he fits in :P

I put the new ViPEC ECU in the GTR and the guys who put in in didn't get it tuned properly in time, oh it went fine on the dyno, but farted and splattered all the way up the hill. Mark was very p!ssed off with the tune, but still managed a 3rd in class on day 1 and 2nd in class on day 2.

I came second in class (Formula Libra over 2000cc) on both days and fastest lady on both days.

Fabulous weekend as always and a taste of what to expect for the Bathurst Speed Weekend in December. BE THERE!!!

Thanks David for your help yet again. It was awesome of you to offer and help out like you did.

Did you do any data logging on the GTR? My car was breaking down a bit, Appears it may have been a faulty IAT sensor.

Did you do any data logging on the GTR? My car was breaking down a bit, Appears it may have been a faulty IAT sensor.

Hope michele doesnt mind this but when they hooked the laptop up to it none of us were sure where to turn the dataloging on and how to access it. Where abouts is the IAT on a rb26 as both of the airflow meters were disconected and it didnt look like anything aftermarket was fitted wiring harness wise. The car was coughing and spluttering under 4 to 5 grand but when it was over that it was running beter. if that makes any sense.

Hope michele doesnt mind this but when they hooked the laptop up to it none of us were sure where to turn the dataloging on and how to access it. Where abouts is the IAT on a rb26 as both of the airflow meters were disconected and it didnt look like anything aftermarket was fitted wiring harness wise. The car was coughing and spluttering under 4 to 5 grand but when it was over that it was running beter. if that makes any sense.

Click the L icon to connect to ecu

select the runtime displays drop down menu

select data logging

Press the record button

I've got an rb25, my IAT sensor is on my Inlet manifold piping. A whole was drilled into it. My AFM is also disconnected. IAT sensor was spliced into the AFM cabling. My issue was occasional breakdowns and an idle all over the place The IAT sensor was giving randoms readings of -40c +40c 0c etc

Click the L icon to connect to ecu

select the runtime displays drop down menu

select data logging

Press the record button

I've got an rb25, my IAT sensor is on my Inlet manifold piping. A whole was drilled into it. My AFM is also disconnected. IAT sensor was spliced into the AFM cabling. My issue was occasional breakdowns and an idle all over the place The IAT sensor was giving randoms readings of -40c +40c 0c etc

I think Erol found where to turn data logging on, but it wanted something else first... something I thought we didn't have.

The IAT sensor could be something to look at, it did get worse as it heated up