SAU Community

R33 GTST vs S14/S15 vs 180 vs 300zx

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by deorbit

inasnt - ever raced a 300ZX Twin turbo 2 seater? A mate of mine has one and it is a beast of a machine.  

And btw its not that heavy compared to something like a Supra coming in at 1500kg.

one came on a cruise awhile ago with skylines, 180sx and silvias and it was nothing special through the dande mountains

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having driven a 300TT manual, 32s, 33s and my room mate has an s15 i'd say that the 300 definately feels the quickest.

206kw is the claimed output - 225kw is probably more accurate figure from tests on dynos, combined with 390 or so Nm of torque.

all are fun cars to be in for factory cars!

Originally posted by Jimbo2000

thats kinda like saying a skyline's nothing special  if you raced a stock one

Oi, stock skyline is quite special I say

I think Kr1sh is right, the 300zx must be fastest because it has 2 turbos.

Next quickest is the S15 because it has an A pillar mounted boost guage.

ok i'm sick of everyone crapping on about their sub par cars so i'm just going to tell "use all" the definative answer to all these VS questions.

My 1980 Datsun Sunny will rip you all to pieces!! In the straights around the twisties - doesn't matter maaait! :burnout:

k?

lol as if u get an R32 GTR instead of an S15..well for me anywayz as the "date" issue would be the main factor. talking about which car is fastest is stupid as many people here have outlined that they can easily be modded off there "tits" lol.......so yeah go for the one who brings most value to you and the one most worth buying. =)

Guilty:

Lets remember we're comparing a car that cost $180,000 ten years ago to a car that costs $40,000 today.

As for modern features the r32 still has digital climate control.. I believe the australian delivered s15 has analogue controls that look like shit? I guess the r32 is missing air bags. But it does have racing-standard ABS.

Oh right we're talking styling right? Well I guess the s15 looks more modern inside and out.. and if we're going to be spending 10k to make the s15 keep up with the GTR, why not spend 10k making the GTR look more modern.. a tasteful kit, leather interior, respray - wheels? Not for me but it would certainly make it comparable styling wise.

Or do you mean the fact that the S15 won't break down as much.. are you sure about that? the part's in the GTR are thoroughly overengineered and i dare say will take more of a beating than the 200's. They have to. I'm sure if you spent the 10 grand you where going to spend on performance mods for the S15, you could get all the major components like the turbo, brakes, suspension etc. in this 10 year old car replaced with new.

It comes down to your priorities on what you want in said car.

I think the reason we buy these cars is because of how they drive.. I'll take the gtr over the s15 in that department. Hey there's a whole new VS thread!

:bahaha: :bahaha: :bahaha:

Originally posted by pentae

I think the reason we buy these cars is because of how they drive..

I think that a lot of people buy a car based on stock quarter mile times. Or at least, that's what they say in here. I find that mode of choice dubious at best.

the 180 isnt faster than the r32... my mate has one and if we both get perfect take off's we stick together the whole way but if its a rolling start at like 50 than the 32 ****s the 180... and 300's arnt worth it. i was lookin at gettin one cause i thought they were fast untill i ****ed a turbo'd one up the other night so ive decided to stick with mine ay....but s15's are nice have to admit...

These X vs Y threads SO remind me of two little kids in a playground starting with "Superman could beat up Batman" :argue: and eventually getting round to "My Dad is tougher than Your Dad." :fight!:

Originally posted by 95SKY

isnt there more important things to worry about then what car is quicker from factory eg. what suits your needs whats made well ect

Exactly! All of these cars are fast enough when stock to be considered "fast", and they modify generally easily and fairly cheaply (300ZX may be an exception due to V engine). About the only thing that you could say is "better" about some is that the lighter ones (180SX, Silvia) will get more bang per buck from performance mods, because of lesser weight. The 300ZX being the heaviest obviously gets the least value from its mods, with the Skylines somewhere in the middle. But they can all be made to be bloody fast, so I don't know why so many people care so much how fast they are from the factory.

i think u's are all losing sight of the actual question being asked here, the cars...STOCK.

he aint askin about mods.

and as others have said, due to the 300 coming STOCK with twin turbs, it might have a chance of winning! but then he didnt exactly specify whether the 300zx was the tt or the na.

so....lets talk about stock baby...lets talk about stock baby...