SAU Community

V35 Tv's

hi guys just quick question about your tvs in the v35 what have you or can you do with them i have no idea please advise me what to do and how to do it??

cheers

I've heard of some rather brilliant folk, here on the forums, carefully converting theirs into aquariums.....

Bit like that PC aquarium screen saver, only for like, real....do a search!

Failing that, start with this.....

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/So...re-t194126.html

You'll see alot of a particular name, involved quite heavily with this sort of stuff....I think his name is Buck Rogers...he's from space.

(I wave the Buck Rogers flag, almost daily).

lol @ ^ ...i like that Buck Rogers.

In relation to the topic, theres not much we can do about it as YET... the guys here on the forum are working very closely just to come up with something for us and our system.... after that, they will be like an instant lotto winner! hehehe because we all want to put our TV in use!

I know couple of Jap car dealer here in sydney that can do the TV. but all they do is install something that takes nearly all day, they give you the remote and all you can do to it is press up or down for local channels... im not sure if this would affect the rest of the entertainment unit also...

and Yes the screen will still be in Jap. they will just teach you how to navigate through it.

I did a FAQ on most of this you know. did you look at the stickies up top ??

as for TV- depends on what you want it to do. the OE gear is useless. the OE navi has no maps and the only thing that is really being done on it (with no visible result yet) is the firmware rewrite.

if all you want to do is watch TV then I suggest you go buy a new tuner for it and be done with it.

if you have unlimited funds - CAR PC. Im researching a replacement unit now that is car PC based but the issue I'm having is screens (look at the TS navi thread I started.)

tell us what you want it to do and from there we'll help.

So basically *at the moment* there is in auxiliary in you can use for whatever you can put on a screen but except for fuel economy in Jap and what not there isn't much that can be done with the existing gear hooked up to it.

So basically *at the moment* there is in auxiliary in you can use for whatever you can put on a screen but except for fuel economy in Jap and what not there isn't much that can be done with the existing gear hooked up to it.

yep anything that has composite video in NTSC format will go straight in. so Ipod docks go straight in with modding to the unit.

the navi refit is a different matter.

oh NTSC not PAL eh? I thought thought the Japs used PAL... but no,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC#NTSC-J

nope. thats why with yours I use that dock and not another.

good find there. that explains it in semi laymans terms. somthing I have a had time doing most of the time

Closing as has been discussed a kabillion times and there are more threads on this topic than hot chicks at a playboy party. If anyone wants it re-opened, please PM me.

Seriously though, Chris has spent alot of time putting together info for you guys, so please as he has suggested, look up the stickies and have a read.