SAU Community

Sydney Ipod Install Review

So it arrived Wed night after that post and naturally I was out there tearing down the dash 10 minutes later. All in all an extremely easy install, didn't even get to use my soldering skills, all plug and play! Though I had dismantled the dash before to install my FM expander so that part was very familiar.

Currently I have the whole ashtray & cig lighter assembly out whilst I work out a way to neatly integrate the dock in there, so there is a gaping hole with the cable coming out. How does it work with the iphone 3g running 3.0 firmware? Excellent, no complaints. Steering wheel controls work, sounds is crystal clear, I even listen to my podcasts of various Triple J segments instead of the radio cause the quality is better.

On that other connector, my opinion would be don't risk it. The PA11-NIS works perfectly, and this other one doesn't appear to have any additional benefits (song text doesnt work with the pre 06 V's with any connector)... so go with what you know.

So, now time to work out the best way to integrate the dock, suggestions welcome. I will take some happy snaps of install to date and post next week.

Woo nice to hear that iphone 3.0 works. on both mode? The Direct and Playlist mode?

Just ordered mine via US ebay. cant wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine finally arrived this morning and just in the precess of getting it done on car.

but even tho its say its with iphone 2G/3G adaptor...when i connected my iphone still pop up the annoying msg about the "not for iphone" thingo........

also when i use steering control its cut off the charging and sometime it will skip to next song, but most of time stopped play and the msg pop up again, just like the cable has been replugged

Edited by Japav

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm if Crankin' Car Audio is still operational?

The website is down, is Hakki still in business?

I've got a HRIII DVB-T on the way and was going to talk to Hakki about doing the install for me, and possibly looking at doing ipod/ipad/iphone integration at the same time.

If anyone has been there lately please let me know.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone confirm if Crankin' Car Audio is still operational?

The website is down, is Hakki still in business?

I've got a HRIII DVB-T on the way and was going to talk to Hakki about doing the install for me, and possibly looking at doing ipod/ipad/iphone integration at the same time.

If anyone has been there lately please let me know.

I second to that i try calling hima few times and i got all disconnected numbers i was just wondering if his still around casue i want a ipod adaptor put into my car.