SAU Community

[4th April] Fainthearted Performanze Car Cruise

GORINURTUNED

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was leadin once and missed a turn, so we had to turn around, this was just after we did mundering, so real sorry to anyone who was getting pissed at me

nah you did okay, thanks for the fun run. pity about the cops, but lucky he was a nice guy!

and you followed Rhys and I who were the only one's who followed the map :( thanx Rhys for driving my car I was too scared!! Haha

ahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahrofllolahahahhahahahha

hahahhahahahharoflroflroflhahahahha

u got to be kidding me mel u wimped out u r no longer one of us lol

still lots of love babe :(

Was a good cruise, even if we left early (we were getting pretty bloody tired). Had a good time even though the stops were too short and everyone started leaving when we wanted to stay for a bit longer.

Agreed, seems there were too many accidents and silliness really. For a section of the community trying to show how we are different to how we are portrayed. This cruise seems to have shown the police that we are the hoons that we are made out to be.

You cant complain about being picked on then group up to speed and race on the streets, where at least 3 accidents occured.

ahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahrofllolahahahhahahahha

hahahhahahahharoflroflroflhahahahha

u got to be kidding me mel u wimped out u r no longer one of us lol

still lots of love babe :D

pfft, I made you biatch lol jkz I failed :P I'm afraid of heights k

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Turbomachinery engineers. They're just mechanical engineers who generally studied in universities focused on oil and gas, aviation or that had a formula SAE competition team. We have an entire team of them in our engineering department... they geek out over data and performance testing. I worked with them a lot when we developed an anti surge system for centrifugal compressors ran by electrical motors (~20 000-50 000HP) to avoid surging on accidental power loss.  They laugh when I mention automotive turbochargers.... it seems they're lightyear's behind in technology due to poor funding. If you think formula 1 spends a lot of money, a single turbine/centrifugal compressor package in my line of work including the balance of plant equipment generally ranges in the 150-250Million range depending on size.   
    • The diff brace did not increase NVR at all. And yea the whole reason I thought getting the rear diff brace was a no brainer was because of the reduction in wearing the bushings out + wheel hop. It's a cheap mod for a big cost mitigation in the long run. I bought it for $99 USD + shipping. In regards to the sway bar - i had some over/understeer going on but i just checked my tires and they are pretty worn out. I wont be changing them til july since i'm away for work for a month or so. will sort it when i get back and do more testing. But its definitely still a big thumbs up from me given how planted the car feels now and me being able to go around corners quicker. Still puzzling to me why they never put a LSD into these cars....even the 400z. I saw this mob selling LSD kits for a decent price though it's a little more involved on your part to get it installed: https://www.tractionconcepts.com/Infiniti-Q60-R190-Limited-Slip-LSD-Rear-Conversion-p/tcxin9240.htm  
    • Great for thrashing on the track - particularly if it is all corners. Otherwise, it is a recipe for massive tyre wear and reduced straight line traction. -1 is plenty for a streeter.
    • There are other MAP tapping ports. There's one that runs to the boost gauge MAP sensor on the firewall (over in the corner behind the brake booster). Start at that sensor and follow the hose to the plenum.
    • Japanese circuits have always looked tight to me on Youtube vids. They seem to be able to fit tracks into the smallest of spots. I've never experimented with camber in the rear. I'm running similar front camber to you (albeit in the E90) but I've been looking into what options I have in the rear. -3 rear seems like a lot. Yeah, mine is the N54. I had an N52 330i for about 7 years, it was awesome but I just needed a little more poke. The N54 is also DI. I'm running BC coilovers with the M3 front arms and a Whiteline front sway bar and the turn in and ride quality is brilliant. But I do still suffer from a bit of roll so I've been looking into that lately.