SAU Community

T04z 'or' Garrett -10's

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

each to their own.. i'd say that the t04z in those graphs has one of the larger exhaust housings (.9 / 1.0) not the 0.84 cause my response is a fair bit better than that.

Yep, Matt =)

The graph is for the HKS GTRS's which has an antisurge compressor cover as the only difference. The Garrett -10's most likely surge on a 3ltr! but for 1/2 the price...

I'm thinking HKS do there measurements with a very high RON fuel or at the Flywheel....having said that we made 613kw at the fly on only 22psi and BP98

each to their own.. i'd say that the t04z in those graphs has one of the larger exhaust housings (.9 / 1.0) not the 0.84 cause my response is a fair bit better than that.

I hear you. Would be good to ask Willall.

thats impressive... you can squeeze a few more pounds out of them ! :)

Don't worry we will go 1.8bar on my motor to see what they will do. Identical setup- oh actually different ecu last one was MOTEC mine will just be the PFC. Just weren't willing to push the customers. :devil:

Don't worry we will go 1.8bar on my motor to see what they will do. Identical setup- oh actually different ecu last one was MOTEC mine will just be the PFC. Just weren't willing to push the customers. :devil:

our circuit and drag cars came up with almost identical graphs using the same dyno.

here's the details...

drag gtr...run-in BP98 tune 22psi 455KW HKS GT-RS x 2

circuit gtr...race fuel tune 24psi 451kw HKS T04Z x 1

both were RB26's and torque curves were matched as well.

the race fuel tune on the drag car at 25psi netted an additional 50KW

Edited by DiRTgarage

what size rear housing on the t04z paul?

our circuit and drag cars came up with almost identical graphs using the same dyno.

here's the details...

drag gtr...run-in BP98 tune 22psi 455KW HKS GT-RS x 2

circuit gtr...race fuel tune 24psi 451kw HKS T04Z x 1

both were RB26's and torque curves were matched as well.

the race fuel tune on the drag car at 25psi netted an additional 50KW

he made about the same power as me so i'd assume its the 0.84.

how similar were the 2 engine setups as far as supporting mods go? Same cams/headwork/cam gear settings/intake/exhaust ?

im going 2 stick with my -10s, im splitting hairs here and with the above results from dirtgarage im on the right page.

besides, if i get pulled up i can say 'yes officer, my car is standard'

i'm making 346kw(465hp) out of -5's. 19psi. i honestly believe it would push over 500 easy enough with non standard exhaust manifolds and a bigger exhaust, and some better piping.

Guess what - there have been many cars, stock dumps and stock manifolds that have made 380rwkw @ 20psi :(

he made about the same power as me so i'd assume its the 0.84.

how similar were the 2 engine setups as far as supporting mods go? Same cams/headwork/cam gear settings/intake/exhaust ?

very similar...

both built 87mm bore engines...both with extensive headwork including 1mm oversize valves...both with 280+ deg cams...both with Hypertune plenums (6 throttle on the circuit car and single throttle on the drag car) both with big intercoolers (Apexi drag on the circuit car, Trust drag on the other) both with similar exhausts 3 1/2" circuit 4" drag, both running Power FC (recently upgraded both cars to Vi-PEC ecu's) , Z32 AFM's and Blitz dual soliniod EBC's

We really had to push the circuit car to crack 450KW...the drag car was slightly better everywhere and did it with the GT-RS's without even raising a sweat.

My vote for simplicity would be T04Z as they are easier to get them to perform...but for best results the GT-RS's are the pick if you know how to set them up correctly.

The T04Z is more forgiving if the set-up is lacking in an area...the GT-RS's wont let you get away with it...everything must be spot-on. A 3 litre bottom end may make it a little easier to get right as the extra capacity will help them.

Edited by DiRTgarage

very similar...

both built 87mm bore engines...both with extensive headwork including 1mm oversize valves...both with 280+ deg cams...both with Hypertune plenums (6 throttle on the circuit car and single throttle on the drag car) both with big intercoolers (Apexi drag on the circuit car, Trust drag on the other) both with similar exhausts 3 1/2" circuit 4" drag, both running Power FC (recently upgraded both cars to Vi-PEC ecu's) , Z32 AFM's and Blitz dual soliniod EBC's

Hey,

Looks like an awesome comparo - with the exception of the exhausts.

I mean, there's a 25% difference in cross-sectional area between 3.5" and 4" and at peak flow you're asking for as much flow (and as little resistance) as possible.

Because they're physically different configurations it's a big ask to put one exhaust onto the other car.

Any chance of strapping both cars down minus as-much-of-the-exhaust-as-possible?

It would be interesting to see what (if any) difference it makes to the individual results and to the comparison.

Maybe it won't make a difference at all...

Cheers,

Saliya

Hey,

Looks like an awesome comparo - with the exception of the exhausts.

I mean, there's a 25% difference in cross-sectional area between 3.5" and 4" and at peak flow you're asking for as much flow (and as little resistance) as possible.

Because they're physically different configurations it's a big ask to put one exhaust onto the other car.

Any chance of strapping both cars down minus as-much-of-the-exhaust-as-possible?

It would be interesting to see what (if any) difference it makes to the individual results and to the comparison.

Maybe it won't make a difference at all...

Cheers,

Saliya

no chance

If you have the -10's already then im sure you'll be happy. But as food for thought, here is my t04z dyno graph.

post-33895-1238198547_thumb.jpg

As you can see, 1 bar at 4krpm, full boost by 4500.. and it makes close to peak power by 6000 rpm. Put the same thing on a 3 litre bottom end, and you would probably have 24psi before 4000rpm!

p.s. both combinations are good for at least 100 more hp than what your goal is. but i guess that leaves you plenty of room when you want to chase more power :blink:

best of luck, let us know how you go.

Wow that is a nice a power curve for a single.

What compression ratio is in that 3L?