SAU Community

Random Chat! Chat! N Chat!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my day just got interesting, my yardie (bloke that cleans cars and shit) was driving me to our other yard to pick up a car and he ran up the arse of a lady that i think was Indian driving a little Corolla.. she stopped in the middle of the road when there was nothing coming and the bull bar off our BT-50 did work of her rear bumper. My yardies up for a $500 excess and more than likely lost his job.

Hektik!

Well that's an interesting turn of events. Probably won't lose his job for a once off, would he?

Yep haha, yeah well my boss has been talking to me about wanting to f*ck him off because he's not doing things right anyway so i reckon this is the last straw. I reckon he'll have to wait a few weeks though or else it can be a fair work issue if my yardie tried to do anything about it.

would definitely be a bit full on to fire him if he wasnt doing anything stupid etc.

finally we get some sun in Melbourne and i have back to back meetings almost all day

ffs!

He's a bit of a loser, wouldn't be suprised if he wasn't here tomorrow.

Damn you need to come up here, it's nearly 30 degrees by 8am i'm sick of it!

Major problem, its too expensive to get to the snow from there i <3 snow

also i dont think theres too many software dev jobs in Mackay!

High Vis is where it's at in QLD...

Used to bag a mate that QLD is the land of Hi Ves and Low IQ

Snowboarding > Most things

Absolutely love it.

Pity all the mining companies don't pay their office staff anything like the 'hands on' people and engineers.

They pay their office staff ridiculously well... Depends on the job thought. Internal accountants are circa $100k.

I know a head environmental officer out in the mines that makes close to $170k a year and i can't imagine she does a hell of a lot of "hard work"

I was talking about basic financial accountants. The mines have stopped paying exorbitant salaries for new employees now.

Edit: That's a lie. They just aren't hiring and are doing a lot of firing.

about time it all evened out anyway - sick of seeing people who i know dropped out of school and are as thick of 5 bags of sh*t earning 150k and buying Range Rovers just for shuffling around in the dust at a mine site, while i worked my @ss off at school so i could spend 5 years at uni and have a massive HECS debt and a long climb up the corporate ladder ahead of me........<RANT>

about time it all evened out anyway - sick of seeing people who i know dropped out of school and are as thick of 5 bags of sh*t earning 150k and buying Range Rovers just for shuffling around in the dust at a mine site, while i worked my @ss off at school so i could spend 5 years at uni and have a massive HECS debt and a long climb up the corporate ladder ahead of me........<RANT>

+1 to all of this!

I've spent the last 6 years studying and still have one more to go as well as 3 years full time work and im still not earning that good money.

Although relocation overseas is now looking like my best bet :/