SAU Community

Cops To Pull Over Every Wrx + Skylines

enroe

my old man heard on ABC radio today that the SA police announced they are going to pull over every skyline and wrx on the roads. after the accident on the weekend. heads up

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see how far they go with this, but I did see a white WRX MY02 ish very very Modified pulled over today when I came out of a meeting in the city.

Looked like the bloke was getting a ticket for something

Poor Bugger

mmmmm

What are they hoping to achieve?

I saw 5 police cars last night and they didn't look sideways at me!

Well thats the thing.

But when I have another car to drive.... (which I was going to reg tomorrow even before reading this)

I was near a bunch of cops, in front of me or behind me today, not even a look over. I dont think its legal to pull over everyone without suss?

drive normal ,dont mod your car over the top, no worries

hopefully

probably cos the majority of cops working on the streets are smart enough to realise its all publicity bullshit, they are on the roads every day, they dont need TT or ACA to tell them to pull us over. its the guys up high who are on the media's tight leash, lapping up the shit the media pours out.

I was near a bunch of cops, in front of me or behind me today, not even a look over. I dont think its legal to pull over everyone without suss?

lol, dunno if it is or isnt, but it sure as fark doesnt stop them from doing it

think they are looking for defects, or using that as a reason to let people with imports know they are on the crack down. im used to people judging me by my car by now anyway. take it with a pinch of salt

Not true fellas,

just did a big lap, past BP @ torrens and south (2 other skylines there), BP west Tce, Town, Down south past Villis...

Saw plenty plenty boys in blu, $hat my pants, don't forget my car stands out like anything with the graphics, never got a second look....

I think maybe they are saying that to show they are responding? OR some cops are doing it and some think it's BS?

Not sure, but thank the son of rajab no dramas for me tonight!! :laughing-smiley-014:

sticker on your back window saying "I am a safe responsible driver" should work

that way they know who to pull over and not to.

you know how many family men, not interested in racing what so ever drive wrx's

on the plus side i gota daily, no probs unless they start targeting oldzilla's

Went past a few boys in blue last weekend in the western suburbs in the skyline, didn't get a second look... good on them for not judging a book by it's cover i reckon. Most cops i've encountered have been pretty good in my opinion.

Cops have better things to do then pull over every WRX and skyline. Sure they might up the ante a little but not completely over the top.

Let's hope you're right...

I knew a guy who had a sticker on his bumper that said "Cops are Tops!" with the blue an dwhite squares around it like a cop car.... dude never got pulled over for ANYTHING.

One more defect and I'm getting one I reckon.

sticker on your back window saying "I am a safe responsible driver" should work

that might not work for me as that wont be able to see it from behind as my car will be sideways drifting around old ladies, children and baby seals at 100k's an hour.

just letting you lads know SAPOLs statment. i dont think they were going to start the blitz the second they broadcasted it, as some of you are calling it false, but i think sometime in the very near future there will be a defect blitz