SAU Community

Message From Neil

Nene260RS

Correct, and you won't meet me on a cruise....and although we have some nice Skylines/GTRs thats exactly my point.

However I have been a member here since 2002 and been an active drag racer most of the time. Go figure :blink:

this was my point, how you know what happens on cruises if you've never been on 1. its pretty lame we get a bunch of people talking about this and that happens on cruises but have never been on one.

i think you should keep your negative unjustified opinions to yourself.

Edited by Inline 6

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this was my point, how you know what happens on cruises if you've never been on 1. its pretty lame we get a bunch of people talking about this and that happens on cruises but have never been on one.

i think you should keep your negative unjustified opinions to yourself

+1

We're out there doing cruises, shows, meets and other events for SAU. I've never seen Martin out. We represent SAU more than Martin has since 2002. Given that Nene, Ben and myself (despite all the negativity beforehand) met with SAPOL to open up communications, we've done more for the "positive" image of the import car scene than he has. We've stuck our head on the chopping block for SAU (and imports in general). Come back to the table when you've got a better hand.

Anyways, onya Nene. :blink:

I'm just going to jump in here for 2 secs in an attempt to nip things in the bud.

Roo, Inline6 & Dirt Garage (and anyone else I've missed), please note that although your posts aren't over the top.....yet, I'm not going to condone personal attacks of any kind just because someone doesn't attend cruises or isn't as quick as you, etc etc.

I'm sure the person I'm refering to has had considerable contribution into the sport to be allowed an opinion and a voice on these boards without being told to leave and not come back.

Official warnings will be added to your profiles if this gets out of hand and this thread will be locked.

umm do we know you martin? i havnt meet you on a cruise before i dont think
-10 to Martin. "Active" member since 2002 with 350 odd posts? I've only ever seen your posts going off-topic, like even now. Never seen you on a cruise. Never seen you at any fund raiser. Never seen you at any SAU event at all. Thats not active, thats being asleep. Which is your attitude right now towards trying to establish a relationship with SAPOL. Wake up! ... contribute positively, or go away and don't come back.

We're out there doing cruises, shows, meets and other events for SAU. I've never seen Martin out. We represent SAU more than Martin has since 2002. Given that Nene, Ben and myself (despite all the negativity beforehand) met with SAPOL to open up communications, we've done more for the "positive" image of the import car scene than he has. We've stuck our head on the chopping block for SAU (and imports in general). Come back to the table when you've got a better hand.

Its BS and egos like this that have driven many members off of the SAU forums.

Some of you have been members for little over a year and what you know about modifying cars and the import scene could be written on an ants eye without causing the creature any inconvinience.

I realise Martin isnt one to blow his own horn, but if any of you guys have ever seen an early copy of Zoom or HPI magazines, most of thes articles are written by or about Martin and Co., and he is one of the few that put the import car scene on the map (and for a while Adelaide was the center of that scene). When half of you were in high school, or couldnt tell the difference between a skylins and a Supra, Martin, WhatsHisName (Matt) Munro (John) Grepin (Greg) and others had highly modified cars and we would cruise reguarly (and never managed a major accident or fatality).

If you needed (or still need) to get a Power FC tuned, Martin was/is the man (and has taught many of the workshops you go to see now). The fastest GTR's in adelaide (both street and track) have had his involvemet, and if you want to modify your new R35 GTR, then chances are it will be Martin you will talk with.

Some of you need to wipe the water out from behind your ears before you open your mouth, you only make yourself look stupid (or more stupid as the case may be).

:blink: im not saying he hasn’t made a contribution or having a go.

if he was at a cruise he would be entitled to give an opinion on what he seen happens on cruises, i fail to see any justification to what he is saying or even what he basing the opining on.

is he also allowed to say Dan sells weed on weekends to pay for his car.

but alright whatever :/ peace ya'll

enjoy the forums martin

Edited by Inline 6

good job Nene and Niel

but also Martin has valid points whether you guys don't accept he is a contributing member or not i don't see 350post as a problem because he doesn't have 2000+ post as spam drivel and other rubbish make these posts less important... don't think so

Martin has been in the scene when some of us were still learning how to walk and talk

another quote from dear ol' mum 'respect your elders dear they usually know what there talking about'

EDIT

good call Guy

hello Daren :blink:

Hey Martin,

I know that these lines of communication no way near makes anyone "bulletproof". I wanna make it clear to all that I'm not a some little girl who wants to make a huge difference in the world for the sake of the greater good.To think that would just be silly. However, i guess having some kind of communication allows the smaller issues and questions to be answered. And hopefully with time it can make a difference to the the true car enthusiasts. (even though it is a very distant goal).

As for Neil creating an account i think he needs to wait for approval or something from his Sgt.

Hell let us know as things progress :blink:

As for Neil creating an account i think he needs to wait for approval or something from his Sgt.

Fair enough. I came across a police officer in the VIC section yesterday too

and indeed that is a good contribution, some of the posts may have gone a lil far. im quite happy to have you continue contributing.

but i feel posts like the below shouldn’t be on sau stating we are performing illegal activities.

Spot on Nene, SAPOL will indeed leave you alone if you are not breaking the law, which includes HOONING/SPEEDING and DRIVING AN ILLEGALLY MODIFIED VEHICLE.....maybe he just forgot that bit, but its pertinent when it applies to probably 80% of the members here :blink:
Edited by Inline 6

I think that it's great that Neil creates an open and free avenue of communication with us (nene). His and nene's actions are the first step to a greater freedom for us as car enthusiasts and I hope that he will continue to hear our voice and possibly help us to create a better view of how the public sees us. What happened on the weekend was unfortunate for all those involved, and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, but it wasn't part of what we stand for as enthusiasts and I'm glad he sees that. Congrats neil and nene!!

exhaust, pod filters, gear knob ,stereo and rims :blink: may not be a monster to some but when you drive a dato daily it feels pretty monsterish

to save ot posts continuing, ive been through regency with the above its legal along with my engineers report for lock bar. pulled over few times don't have hassles so far.

to be honest mods don't mean much to me, im to the opinion a Ferrari should not be messed with and a gtr sits on a fine boarder line between pretty sweet stock and still nice modified

Edited by Inline 6