SAU Community

Can Copy Gtr (400r) Front Bar Fit Series 2 Gtst?

Kujotk

Aparently the 400r bar was fitted to a series 1 gtst but the place who sold it said it would fit series 1 or 2....

If it is a series 1 bar, what would need to be altered to make it fit????

As you can see i have about a 2 cm gap between the head light and my current gtr bar already (in the pic).... also there is a 1cm over hang of the front bar at the wheel arch (in the pic)

i have searched but some people say the bar needs to be stretched to fit, and others say the bar is too wide and will sit an inch under the headlights.......

also would rather people who have done it or know for sure what happens when a series 1 bar is put on a series 2 car.... i am starting to think that the bar already on my car was made for a series 1 gtr.... although the bar is fibreglass and ive been told fibre glass warps and sags....

Can anyone tell if its a series 1 or 2 bar just by looking at it???

also my reo bar has already been mutilated to fit the original gtr bar, and i have a grinder handy and can get someone to weld up something else to suite if need be...

post-53255-1238488293_thumb.jpg

post-53255-1238488316_thumb.jpg

post-53255-1238488385_thumb.jpg

post-53255-1238488753_thumb.jpg

post-53255-1238488921_thumb.jpg

post-53255-1238490733_thumb.jpg

post-53255-1238490775_thumb.jpg

I think it will fit, as the GTR front bar and that of a GTS-T is very similiar only that the GTR has flared wheel arches.

What you will need to do is fold the ends in a bit more and then re-fibreglass it back before sanding and the repainting.

I hope that makes sense...however, it does look very nice. Where possible, try to do this yourself as a panel shop will charge you an arm and a leg for labour as it does require a lot of work.

Good luck.

makes sense..... so this is assuming that the copy gtr bar has allowed room for the flares.

does any one have any sugestions about the gap between the bar and the headlights????

pm me your address, maybe i can come past on sunday.

Difference is in the headlights, they sit a different distance from the radiator.

its not that theres a gap really, but that the headlights are forward/backward in the middle. best bet is to just put it on and see where it sits. As long as its a GTST 400r style bar not a GTR one, there should be no other issues.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
400r bar will fit both ser1 and ser2

Yeah of course it would...but if it's a GTR-spec 400R front bar, then let us know forget those big-arse front guards...so to answer his question...yes, but you will have to fold the sides o the bar in a bit and re-fibreglass it to fit flush...

What I did was get a the same bar but instead spent the cash and labour and get genuine R33 GTR front guards...my R33 looks fat as hell now....definitely worth every penny!