SAU Community

Dyno Run Test Results

Hi Guys , just did a dyno run recently on my 34gtr.

PFC

Front pipe,

apexi pods

decat full exhaust

I made 338hp on 4 wheels with 37 KGm of torque.

I was just wondering, looking at the graph, does anyone experience a sudden leaning out of mixtures towards 7k rpm as shown in the graph? Could it be maxing out of afms or injectors? The engine hazard light did flash. I was thinking along the lines it could be detonating as well.

Btw, anyone noticed any difference when setting up the pfc using the normal air filter or selecting the power intake option?

Thanks

post-9392-1239444317_thumb.jpg

If the power fc didnt read knock then it is likely air flow reaching its limit, however the standard detectors arent the best so you can't just rule it out.

the leaning out at 7k will be in the tune

there is no way std BNR34 with std turbochargers will max injectors

you can check easily by MONITOR, 1 CHANNEL, INJDUTY, NEXT, UP (and fang around)

when you press UP it will show the top score at any given time - ie: peak injector cycle

you should check the std airflow meters aren't maxing out (i suspect they arent)

again, MONITOR, 1 CHANNEL, AIRFLOW, NEXT, UP (and fang around)

check it doesnt peak near 5v

the engine check light flashes by default for 3 reasons

excessive knocking

injectors maxing

airflow meters maxing

the powerfc faq (in my sig) has all this information and much more

Thanks for the replies guys, most probably its the tune. Weird how the tuner didnt sort this out, I was even narrowing down to a clogged fuel filter.

I wonder if it only happens at that rpm range. If it does, I can live with not revving up to 7k rpms and might just going to get a retune in a couple of months time.

take it back and say fix it

no doubt youve paid a few hundred for the tune

its not like you said to him "give me a half assed tune that pings at 7 grand" so maybe take it up with him

be constructive, but i mean you paid good $ for it, so you should get a complete tune

too often we see a tuner, tunes the car on the dyno

the owner takes it home and it pings under certain load

i say the ownus is on the workshop to either advise the owner it will ping on the street

or an extra $150 for an on-road street tune to iron out the ping areas on the map

Paul,

actually, the tune was done on the road, only after, i decided to put it on the dyno to get some numbers that the pinging start showing on the graph and engine light started flashing according to another tuner, who just did a power run on it.

Looking at it, i might probably take it to somewhere else, that tuner is a bit stubborn and told me not to believe in myself but him. Have faith in the tuner. Well after the graph, i think i know the answer. LOL.

Thanks all for the replies, i will get the fuel filter replaced this weekend.

Cheers

Daz