SAU Community

Bastards Who Hit Cars And Piss Off

Danyboi

How much do you hate guys who reverse into the side of you car when parked in a parking lot, and then Piss off

meanwhile leaving my uninsured beast of a Skyline, mangled on one side.

Any ideas where i can get a Black door replacement. and a decent but not going to kill me paint job

Step 1 Insure skyline.

Step 2 ***Dodgy insurance claim.*** <- Sorry typo. Check wrecking yards and cars being wrecked.

Step 3 Just get door painted and then save for a full good paint job if you really want one. Dodgy paint job will look like crap my GTR had one in japan and needs to be fixed now

lol thanks mate

Yeah i thought of that, Insurance is a fair bit tho, around $1500, because im under 25

and also for most part insurance wouldent cover my car based on modificaitons.

and then i would also have to pay the excess etc..

I managed to find a white door, $150 or there abouts,

then need to save for a pannel beater to paint it.

unless i can find a stock black door.

Mah I still cant beleive it happend to my car, of all the cars

Dan

Who cares how much insurance costs. If you cant afford insurance, you cant afford to drive a skyline!!!

$1500 might seem a bit of money, but its a lot cheaper than the $60 000 HSV etc you will have to pay for when you hit it!

^ agreed

However, if your excess is very high and it doesnt seem worth the 2000+ dollars to make a claim... just get third party insurance . That way if you hit someone you only have to pay around 500 bucks (based on my third party excess claim) to fix their car up. Then of course you got your car to fix yourself.

3rd party insurance should be no more then 500ish dollars per year. So there's really no excuses.

I feel your pain mate. I reversed my car into my mates driveway (left almost 2 car lengths between my car andthe edge of the driveway, and there was plenty of grass as well) and left for 3 hours or so in his ute. Came home with a massive dent in my door and a huge scratch up the fender and front bar. Basically the door needed to bepulled out, the brand new side skirts needed respraying, the fender needed realligning, the front bar was scratched, and the head light was cracked. It wasn't anyone from his family, no one came to visit, he lived in a coulder sac so I can't see why they used his driveway to turn around. The best thing is, my car had a huge "For Sale" sticker in the front window with my number under it. But no, didn't get a phone call, a note, nothing! Left with a $2k repair bill for something I didn't do.

As for the insurance, $1500 is cheap. Mate, if you can't afford to insure it with full cover you can't afford the car. Even my pos S13 is covered with full comp. If the damage was less then $2k (excess) then fix it yourself but if it's more, then you're saving money.

NEVER drive an uninsured car! Other then that, good luck fixing it all!

A friend of mine got her brand new car side-swiped in a car park by some **** and didn't leave any details...

Was priced up as $1k worth of damage, with her excess also $1k which is kinda unlucky. In the end she just paid herself to fix it so she wouldn't drop a rating with her insurance company.

But, as others have said, if you can't afford to insure it then you can't afford to own it...

As mentioned if you can't afford insurance you can't afford the car....even 3rd party isn't really good enough because even though it will cover other cars/property, your car won't be...

A friends Mitsubishi 380 got hit while parked near her work yesterday by a lady reversing out of her driveway. Thankfully they did leave their details & it will all get sorted, but unfortunately not everyone has the decency to do things like that, even if it is only small (like what's happened to my car a couple of times)

Thing about the 380 is that it looks like a decent hit, the bumper has a massive dent & the inside of the RHS headlight is cracked, and apparently the steering now pulls to the right. How they managed that coming out of a driveway backwards during daylight I don't know, but at least my friends family don't have to pay with their own money to have it fixed.

Not sure if i agree with you Nathan.

When i first bought my skyline, i did the math when it came to insurance. Just cars was the only people who would insure me at that time so what they offered was my only option.

Basically they were wanting the following:

$1450 a year for full comp

$1500 dollar excess payment

$460 dollar age excess payment ( i was 20 at the time).

so adding them up $3410 a year ( if i claim once). Due to the fact i have a lot of tools at my disposal (including car hoist and the rest of it etc due to my dad being a big car fan) i decided they i could probably fix my car for a lot cheaper then that. For the past two years Ive decided against full comp insurance... due to these reasons, which is $2900 ive saved; which ive put away for a rainy day. Another reason being i only clock about 200 a week (thats 30km a day) in my skyline (yes its a daily, but i use parents car usually at night when i can) However, i might start to think about it again now that im older and the cost will be reduced.

The only reason i can see insurance helping me out is if i write the car off, then i would get money back (minus the excess). I try my best not to speed on the roads or do anything stupid, however i know accidents can happen and its a risk i run. I feel that in my case the money is greater then the risk i run.

i do however have 3rd party insurance + fire and theft. As other people shouldnt have to pay for my mistake.

Thats my 2cents on the matter.

Agreed ^

To me

3rd party insurance should be compulsory for any car. (Talking to all those people driving sh*tboxes without insurance!!! :))

Full comp is optional depending on how much you think your car is worth to you.

IE, If I were still driving my mum's old VN, I would only go for the very basic 3rd party insurance just in case if I hit someone else, so the insurance can pay for the repair fee for the other car. For minor damages its not really worth fixing the VN up as that car is already full of dents anyway (she ended up selling that car to the wreckers for $100) :D

Who cares how much insurance costs. If you cant afford insurance, you cant afford to drive a skyline!!!

$1500 might seem a bit of money, but its a lot cheaper than the $60 000 HSV etc you will have to pay for when you hit it!

Bit harsh

yeah its not about affording the Insurance it just plain isnt worth it,

$1500 for the insurance, $800 excess , + $400 age excess

I have however got third party insurance covering other peoples cars, im not irresponsible.

The way i figure it if i wrote off the car, I can just buy another one. Iif im paying that much insurance and excess to cover my car to the value of what 8k, i may as well just use the money saved and buy another one, and scrap the car for parts.

paying that much % of the value of the car to insure it is so not worth it. If my beast were worth more than that the insurance may be worth it.

Some guys Pmed me about getting a new door $180 in black, hopefully the black matches.

Yeah third party insurance should be compulsary. I've had third party for ~3 years with my skyline, already saved myself ~4.5k in just renewal let alone if I was to actually make a claim (which I haven't). No amount of damage apart from a write off is going to do that much damage unless you write your car off, and you have to be doing something pretty stupid to do that. If it's the other guys fault, then their insurance should over it or you hunt them down like a dog if they're uninsured. Fully comprehensive insurance is only worth it for people who can't drive safely/proactively (rather than reactively) and for cars worth more than 15k+ that you plan to own for more than a few years.

Theres been so many threads on this and its really up to the person that owns the car to make the decision. Everyone should at least get 3rd party in the unforseen accident of hitting a Benz or whatever.

However full comp is more give and take depending on the person. I don't have full comp, and it's not because I can't afford it, it's because it's not worth the money imo.

Risk and return, everything comes down to it.

How much do you hate guys who reverse into the side of you car when parked in a parking lot, and then Piss off

meanwhile leaving my uninsured beast of a Skyline, mangled on one side.

Any ideas where i can get a Black door replacement. and a decent but not going to kill me paint job

I had just moved to perth from Kal, had been here for around a day....came out to my car to see a nice black mark down the side of my car.

Most of it was smeared plastic but still did some damage. Wankers. i tell ya.

• 4 weeks later...

haha unlucky, imo full comp is more assuring to myslef as an apprentice i dont want to be stuck with a f**k off repair bill on my wages and being on my P's no matter how expensive i find i dont want to take that risk...

Got lucky the other day, some douche reversed his car into my girlfriends Honda Civic and drove off, but fortunately somebody was nice enough to leave a note with the name of the company that was on the site of the car, so I googled it, found the guy's mobile number and gave him a call.

Managed to get him to admit it was him that did it. He said he felt a "small bump" but didn't think he hit it that hard, so just drove off. Seriously WTF? He knew he hit another car, but didn't even get out to check, just drove off.

Got a quote at a local place, it'll be $500 the repair or $700 to replace the bumper. Will be meeting with him this week to organise it getting fixed and him paying for it.

I worked in a car park at a shopping center for a bit of holiday cash, I held up a sign where free parking bays were during the Christmas rush. I was standing at a free bay and a lady spotted me so she started driving towards me, then outa nowhere this dick in a crappy falcon fangs it going the wrong way through the car park and tried to drift into the parking bay, smashing straight into the car next to it, he jumps out and says "Its a f*cking mad house here today ay!" and sprints off. Several others and I stood there in awe of this moron. He forgot to leave a note, but we remembered for him :dry:

Also

I jumped in my car after eating at a restaurant one night to see a note under my windscreen wiper. I felt sick to the stomach as soon I saw it thinking some tool had hit me.

I opened the note which said "Dear driver, I noticed pink fluid leaking from your car"

I guess their not all bad out there, haha

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Been poking around on the new to me car. I've determined that I have a Kakimoto exhaust from at least the downpipe back (I haven't confirmed the downpipe yet). It has a catalytic converter. Other than the company branding on the exhaust tip, I can only find one other marking. Behind the cat and under the car is a plate that has the numbers "NF307FP" and "M11111". Unfortunately, the Kakimoto website is written in Japanese and my browser won't translate it. I found that Nengun sells the brand, but my exhaust doesn't look like their current offering. They do indicate that each pipe is custom made, but I assume that's more of an inventory control thing than some sort of special, vehicle specific tuning. Anyone have a guess about what I have here? I'm getting ready to throw some dollars at tuning this car, but want to make good decisions. No reason to throw out a perfectly good exhaust system, if this thing will equal a full custom build.
    • Congrats on the progress. That's got to feel good to get the build done/mostly done. Now that you're this deep into it, I'm curious if you'd do it again versus finding a 5MT from the get go?
    • G.G.C. (Gibier German Cook) restaurant in Motomachi in Kobe: A tiny 2 floor restaurant that was founded in 1976. The original couple who owned/ran it retired and sold the business to a corporation who pretty much tried to keep it the same as it was.  Lots of lesser known (to me anyway) German beers available.  Venison with vegetables. The meat came from deer from Hokkaido. The chef told us that there's a whole industry around the use of all parts of the deer from the antlers to the hooves. Sure enough, directly accross the street from this restaurant is a shop that sells all manner of utensils, clothes and objet d'art all made from deer skin, bones and horns.... also owned by the same corporation. The venison was super tender 😋 Various decorations, a lot of which were quite old, no doubt from the original owners. A nice pilsner too which I'd never seen before.  It's well worth a visit but check the opening hours, they're closed on Wednesdays, only open 11:30am - 3pm on Mondays and Tuedays, 11:30am-3pm for lunch and 5pm-11:30pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and 11:30am-3pm and 5pm-9pm on Sundays. Last order is 30mins before close.
    • Yep around 2m long or thereabouts.  I made another post in the photo diaries 17 years later lol. I swear it has not been that long!
    • Full results via link below https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1inu1mRRO0WjV2-3vGYsjnmYggVOzmApWOby68GwPGcI/edit?usp=sharing