SAU Community

Cf Bonnets With No Vents

Im trying to chase a CF bonnet with no vents. I dont like the vent look and i dont really want my car to stand out more than it already does.

Does anyone know a place that does them?

What don't you like about the vents? Is it that most stick out and doesn't really match the look of the R33.

Mine came from Custom Carbon, i believe they are located in QLD. Not the cheapest bonnet, but it's all carbon, not just a carbon top skin. The bonnet has vents, but i can't see why they couldn't make one without vents. The fit is spot on, couldn't be happier.

post-1811-1240027284_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1240027304_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1240027323_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1240027672_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1240027712_thumb.jpg

if he's like me he doesnt like the contents under the bonnet getting exposed to water every time it rains (or even now when the temperature is lower and dew is around at nights)....

only vent i want is something small over the air filter, like one wrx rail vent (not the scoop).

All the bonnets ive come across have too many vents and scoops.....

What don't you like about the vents? Is it that most stick out and doesn't really match the look of the R33.

Mine came from Custom Carbon, i believe they are located in QLD. Not the cheapest bonnet, but it's all carbon, not just a carbon top skin. The bonnet has vents, but i can't see why they couldn't make one without vents. The fit is spot on, couldn't be happier.

Al, what do they roughly charge for their bonnets? Do they literally make whatever you want?

Al, what do they roughly charge for their bonnets? Do they literally make whatever you want?
The one i have is real carbon and can be purchased new for about $2600 delivered. I bought mine 2nd hand for half that :down:

Don't think they make "whatever you want", I may be wrong though, as they may make to order. The guy that bought my bonnet originally wanted the extra vents behind the radiator and they did them for him.

im just not interested in having vents in my bonnet, not even the vent over my air filter because it will still cause my car to suck up water, maybe just a single small vent in the back corner but i dont really like that idea either. i want the car to be practical too.

im also trying to rip as much weight off the car as possible, when the CF bonnet comes it will be sprayed the same colour as the car so it wont stand out as CF - im a bit over all of the showey mods, i just want something lighter. i've ripped around 50-60kg off the car already, another 10-15kg off the front would be good.

I have always wanted a cf bonnet with no vents for my r32! Not sure where to get one either?? Anyone got one in oz or do they not exist?

They definately make them for R32 GTS-T as i have one on my car! Exactly the same as the factory bonnet... but CF! Not sure who makes them though, I bought mine 2nd hand from subie on this forum. He may be able to point you in the right direction. :banana:

hey all you guys must live in nsw

the cops h8 cf in qld as i have found out.as for vents they arnt showie they are functional not fashionable unber bonnet temps love ventilation.as for water on your moter your engine will run with a gerni spraying at it.i do know that the r32 gtr alloy bonnet is the same weight as cf and i agree that the 33 bonnets weigh as much as 2 bags of cement.custom carbon in qld has closed aswell gd luck with your bonnet search you may aswell get a fiberglass one if your gonna paint it anyway.