SAU Community

energency!!! need help urgently!

inark

Guys/Girls,

Anyone know where i can borrow a Tap and Die set from like now or early tomorow?????

when i put my steering wheel on about a year ago i cross threaded the 19/18mm nut that holds it on to the steering column... never bothered to fix it until i got bored today and took it off (was originally too scared cause it wouldnt come off at all...) and now i want to put it back on before tomorows race... anyone know anyone with one i can borow for about 20mins???

Damn it, if only you tell me a bit early would have been good. I work at WURTH AUST so things like that is easy fix but i just got home from work and as you know i'm having tomorow off as well so ....can't just turn up tomorow at work for something then leave !

well ur racing so u only need to go straight

get the car towed there, then just race and have a shifter holding onto the steering thing or something

your gonna lose anyway arent you? wasnt that the plan?

p.s: buy a puppy

130kms! geesbus where do u live? :D

i will just stick it back on how it was... wont be straight or tight as it doesnt even get half way down but it will stay on.

ha ha, I was actually starting to think "tap and die" was a metaphor:

tap the accelerator and the car dies

tap the accelerator and turbo dies etc

or

tap into the race and die of embarassment...

I will stop there :D

stfu gordon!! wheres ur car again? no not the clapped out ford.

dont worry it will be fine to get there and back i just wanted to finally fix something thats been bugging me for a year... but not enough for me to bother fixing rofl.

new forcast now... looks like its going to be windy with SOME showers.... so it should be good to go!!

seriously though Ni - throw in some teflon tape for good measure!

And good luck with the race - hopefully it happens this time :D

Regardless of who wins, you will have fun and hopefully crack some nice times too.