SAU Community

R34 Gt-t Triptronic

Akis

Hi all,

I was searching the forum but found nothing that clears what standalone can be used as plug and play to a R34 GT-t with triptronic, can you please help me.. I want to select the right standalone..

Thank you

Akis.

the issue isnt plug and play or the loom

the issue is the gearbox logic is inside the main ecu

so when you remove the standard ecu and install an aftermarket one

you throw all of the autobox logic code in the bin - ie; the ecu is a manual one

so the gearbox doesnt get a rest from the engine on gear change

your best solution is to piggyback something onto the current ecu

that way you get most of what you want and you retain the auto logic control

other models such as toyota have the auto logic in another ECU

so you can actually get auto powerfc versions etc

the chaser has an auto powerfc version and the setup looks ace

your able to edit the entire auto setup and how the gearchanges work

no you cant use an auto powerfc from another car, its a completely different setup, dont even bother trying to think about this one

so forget that one

piggybacking is easy and most workshops can do this

safc is piggyback, emanage is piggyback, some workshops can even remap the R34 GTT ECU (good idea, but costly)

if it was me i would do consider the following in order of preference

1. safc afc or afc neo

2. remap of r34 GTT ecu

3. nistune or emanage

the safc / afc are cheap and bulletproof

remap will be around $1000 ish all up

nistune / emanage maybe $800 ish

Thanks for your answer.. i already have an safc, but i do not know how much can i get out of it since i have no control of timing.. If i want to go at 600-700 hp i don't think i would be able to do it with safc, e-manage ultimate seems a more adequate solution..

600hp/400rwkw will cost you $20k

and at that point the auto box might not agree so you will have other concerns

is there a reason you want so much power? 400rwkw is stupid on the street

Thanks for your answer.. i already have an safc, but i do not know how much can i get out of it since i have no control of timing.. If i want to go at 600-700 hp i don't think i would be able to do it with safc, e-manage ultimate seems a more adequate solution..

man if your goin for that sort of power, get the gearbox rebuilt, get a shift kit and then you can use a stand alone ECU :P

not to mention the numerous other amounts of problems your going to have with this engine going for that kinda power. Your gana need a plenum and TB, your gana need to remove the TCS, then your up for a stand alone ECU again. If you chasing that kinda power, get the gearbox rebuilt with a shift kit, power fc or haltech or wahtever tickles your fancy a decent stall kit and you will be set to go.

Edited by Sammy34

Ok so i have 2 ways, 1 go manual and use a standalone, 2 install a shift kit and use standalone, i want to know the costs of those 2.. though the 2 requires a rebuilt in the transmition.. Ok i will search for these..

Thank you all!!

You are very quick and full of informations! :down:

Seriously if you are hoping for 6-700hp then the cost of the transmission will pale in comparison to the rest of the build, allow $5000 for retaining the auto with an ecu, or $6000 and up for a manual conversion with an ecu.

your current setup when the gearbox needs to change gears the ECU backs off the ignition timing so the gearbox can change freely

your issue, is - when you change the ECU - it (the new ECU) does not back off the igition timing as its a manual ECU (all aftermarket options for R34 GTT are manual)

so on gearchange the box doesnt get a rest from the engine so it would likely flare up and put stress on the gearbox

installing a shift kit does not fix the problem, in makes it worse

the shift kits makes the changes quicker and stronger, this amplifies the impact to the gearbox as it still doesnt get a rest from the engine on gearchange

so your options are

change to a manual gearbox

change to a mechanical autobox (ie one that doesnt need electronic change patterns) - from memory the vl turbo jatco box works like that, doesnt need auto-electronic ECU signals

judging by the above, its probably cheaper and easier to sell your car and buy a manual GTT then modify from there

Do what I did...go manual...saves you alot of hassles.

Seems to be the best way... Do you have any guide of what parts will i need and what further modifications?

Thank you!

Well because i'm in the process of a VQ30DETT engine conversion I had to get some custom parts like bellhousing adaptor plate and such.

I used a R33 GTST gearbox, and an aftermarket clutch and flywheel.

You'll need a fair amount of parts; pedal, plastics, new dash, rar rar rar.

Well because i'm in the process of a VQ30DETT engine conversion I had to get some custom parts like bellhousing adaptor plate and such.

I used a R33 GTST gearbox, and an aftermarket clutch and flywheel.

You'll need a fair amount of parts; pedal, plastics, new dash, rar rar rar.

By dash do you mean the whole dash or just the center console?

my dash I meant you can replace the speedo etc if you want, because the auto one says P, D, N, 1, 2, 3. I purchased a Nismo 320 KM/h Dash for $700.

Only centre console bit i replaced was the gear stick surround.

my dash I meant you can replace the speedo etc if you want, because the auto one says P, D, N, 1, 2, 3. I purchased a Nismo 320 KM/h Dash for $700.

Only centre console bit i replaced was the gear stick surround.

Oh i see, and i like this nismo speedo! So except the inside of the car what else will i need? Transmision box, axle, and???