SAU Community

sports stering wheel r33

I had trouble in Sydney last christmas trying to get the right boss kit for my 33, when i got home i went to Autobarn head office and got one off the shelf, can't remember the brand but it was a pink and white box. Be sure they sell you the right boss kit, mine fits perfectly however the hicas warning light comes on when i drive in a straight line for about 5km. This is due to the boss kit not lining up properly with the hicas sensor in the steering column. Hope this sheds some light on the subject. And no this boss is for the 33 only. could be different if a series 1.5 or 2 (airbag)

i'm a big fan of my wheel actually.. its a Momo commander. I really like the large grips there, good for just holding onto while cruising, or really putting a good wrench into it. The bottom square off also helps give you a bit more legroom - prolly not so great for opposite locks though

Here is a shot below... http://www.momo.it has the full list of momo ones. They're good, but expensive.

interior02-small.jpg

You need a proper HICAS compatible boss kit if you don't want the light not working properly.