SAU Community

clutch

john

Originally posted by rob77

It helps to do a search before asking. Try ross @ perth autoclutch in osborne park. About $830 drive in and out for a 2500pound pressure plate 9 puck clutch doing me well and I have a touch under 350hp @ wheels.

thanks for the replies guys

i did a search under 'clutch' but go fed up after the first 6 pages and though starting a post would be easier.

whats drivability like with a clutch like that rob77.

anyone get one that was a little cheaper than $830??

Got one of Ross's clutches in the R.

So far survived 2 sessions at the Plex with 7k launches!

Feels like an OEM clutch is installed, however.

I'm not kidding myself that it will last forever, however if it lasts me a year, I'm still ahead of buying a $3k twin plate (that I doubt will last 3 years!)

Add me to the list of happy ross @ autoclutch customers. I went the 9 puck ceramic plate with 2500lb pressure plate. A little harder to push down and a bit different to get used to but once you do you'll love it.

I've got approx 260rwhp and it copes with it fine. It's lasted 2 drift days - kicking the clutch in second at 5000rpm, shown in avitar :P - and didn't miss a beat. No shudder or light pedal feel afterwards.

mine is an Exedy brass button...cost me 800 to put in..

good for arnd 450hp according to Evo R which is where i did it

drives well...after u get used to it...a tad bit heavier than the stocko but like i said, works well after u get used to it...and bites like a fkin piranha too

I got a brass button clutch in my car (from the previous owner) installed by XSpeed and I was told it cost about $900. Not sure what brand it is, but I don't really think its the best clutch out there.

My brass button (like all other brass buttons I think?) has no 'ride' whatsoever i.e. you can't ride the clutch, say, if you want to balance the car on an upward sloping hill. You can do it for about 2 seconds before you hear this shrill grating metal-on-metal screech (that sounds like running your nails down a chalkboard). I guess thats the 'brass' in my clutch.

The clutch is either on or off, so it sucks when you're in traffic, especially if the road is going uphill. Plus riding the clutch gently when in reverse is not possible without the screech. But if I release my clutch fully in reverse the car hoons along backwards - not the best thing in carparks :rofl:

mark - that's a different noise.

something to do with the shaft bearings I think.....anyway, it's not worth worying about. For the work required to fix it, you're better off letting them shit themselves and then repair.

it's pretty common in both the Rbs and the SRs

i can recommend auto clutch aswell, GF got her GZE rolla done there for a little under 800 all up and had it done in a day and a half.

same clutch as rob77, 9puck button with cushioning so its very streetable.

Shaun