SAU Community

Cigarette Lighter Fuse

I plugged in a cigarette lighter powered air compressor, and it stopped almost as quick as it started. Now the cigarette lighter doesn't work, I assume it's a blown fuse.

But looking at the fuses located under the bonnet, near the battery all were okay, so I assume there must be a fuse for the cig. lighter inside the dash somewhere?

Any suggestions?

check to the right of your peddles

this pic is of the G35 (left hand drive) so filp it around and you have ours. (i think)

post-60315-1241943274_thumb.jpg

Edited by V35_Paul

check to the right of your peddles

this pic is of the G35 (left hand drive) so filp it around and you have ours. (i think)

Thanks V35 Paul, it was where you said. After you pull the flap off, the fuse for the cigarette lighter is just to the left of the impliment provided to pull the fuses out, the 15 amp one.

Had to get some help from my a Japanese teacher at school to save me pulling them all out to check which one had blown.

All working now.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to bring this thread up again but I am having trouble finding the lighter fuse on my car - a 2001 250GT sedan.

I can't seem to find the fuses as shown in the above diagram and while I found some fuses in the battery cavity, none seem to be for the lighter.

Can anyone advise where I should be looking for the cigarette lighter fuse on the 250GT sedan?

Hmm still don't seem to be able to find it.. Unless I should be pulling apart under the dash.. Found the computer cable and the home it lives but can't find fuses?

*Looking at Chris Rogers* Chris you are around these everyday.. Are you able to help??

Most 12v sockets have a type of fuse attached directly to it, so remove the socket and have a look at the bottom of it, you should see it, basically looks like a thin metal wire that will have a break in it. Its so simple to fix, had a mate that tried to use a compressor and fried his sockets, the workshop quoted him $800 as they apparently had to take the whole dash out blah blah etc. I called BULLSHIT on it, told my mate what to do, so he ended up replacing the sockets himself for a few dollars.