SAU Community

R33 Gtst Wolf 3d

hey all...everytime i jump in and by a second hand product something seems to go slightly wrong..lol..anyway atm i have a microtech lt12 and i am swapping it out for a wolf v400 plug in ... i am about to buy one 2nd hand and would love people to chuck hints and tips b4 buying if you know what i mean..lol...

the ecu i have now has the adapter plug so the stock loom and plugs are still there which is good.

im worried about air temperature sensors and things like this...

basically what should i look out for...any thoughts posted will be greatly appreciated

cherrs guys

yeah im thinkin about buying then trading..... but i think it will do just fine though as ther v400...... microtech is a real good unit though imo... some people hate them but i reckon that it made the car run well on WOT and made solid power outputs. . i have just heard some bad stories about engine throwing pistons cause of wolf... however i think thats more the tuner...

does anyone have any info regarding installation of the air temp sensor.. i know it has to go after the cooler but is it welded or how is it fitted ect..... they say its not a must but for a better tune you should have it...cheers for the replies guys i really appreciate it :P;)

alex

Well anyone can get a car to run well on WOT dude - and that is probably the LEAST valid point of a aftermarket ECU really... being they ALL do WOT throttle well, even a monkey could tune a car to do that well.

Its the other stuff in the middle, idle, cold start, part throttle, cell resolution, economy and so on that the microtech simply fails at doing with any decent effort... add in someone that might only touch one every few weeks and you'd be better off with a stock ECU.

Well anyone can get a car to run well on WOT dude - and that is probably the LEAST valid point of a aftermarket ECU really... being they ALL do WOT throttle well, even a monkey could tune a car to do that well.

Its the other stuff in the middle, idle, cold start, part throttle, cell resolution, economy and so on that the microtech simply fails at doing with any decent effort... add in someone that might only touch one every few weeks and you'd be better off with a stock ECU.

better off with a stock ECU....ahhhh noooo....not at all...although microtech is best for rotors.. out of interest what ECU do you run..... i have run stock and microtech....and microtech for performance..which is what imo is the point....

ah well each to their own....

far better ecu than the microtech but stil not all that great, trade it in for a v500 if you want a wolf.

Agreed wolf aint the best ecu out there the v500 is far better then the older version but still wont beat a power fc for ease of instal and tuning, if you want an ausie ecu try the new haltech range far better then wolf.

Agreed wolf aint the best ecu out there the v500 is far better then the older version but still wont beat a power fc for ease of instal and tuning, if you want an ausie ecu try the new haltech range far better then wolf.

very few things beat the power fc in ease of tuning and install. however the power fc doesn't beat "proper ecu's" in the terms of results.

and as far as features and cost i'd choose the wolf over anything in the haltec range right now.

I had a Wolf 3D V4 with upgraded software when i had my 33 Gts-t. I had 720cc injectors that i had to change back to stock because the Wolf didnt like them (affected the cold start tune). Like previously mentioned by R31Nismoid, WOT tune is all well and good but if you cant get a good cold start tune, your gonna get pissed off real quick. I had to get it re-tuned 4 times by a reputable tuner so i really wouldn't choose it again, however, i have a mate with a 500hp S14 running the same comp and he loves it..same tuner too..

i have a wolf v4 on my rb25.. i want to burn it. every car i've seen with one doesn't run it properly.. takes ages to start etc... and the service from wolf? hah,.. goodluck with that

I have wolf, it takes ages to start when the motor is hot. Coldstart is no problem.

I have wolf, it takes ages to start when the motor is hot. Coldstart is no problem.

OOOOHHH WTF??!!!!! ive just gone and sold my old ECU and now im gettin told this...??... maybe the extra dollars for the v500.... ohhh yeop.... definately not going power fc... having to use sensors again...... shhhiittt..cheerws for the help guuys.

OOOOHHH WTF??!!!!! ive just gone and sold my old ECU and now im gettin told this...??... maybe the extra dollars for the v500.... ohhh yeop.... definately not going power fc... having to use sensors again...... shhhiittt..cheerws for the help guuys.

where are you located mate?

and yeah like i said i have no experience with the v4. seems like it had a few bugs though.

i'm running 600cc injectors and 264inlet 273 exhaust cams, i after a little fiddle with the tune i can report no problems in either cold start or hot start at all. hell it even idle's up when cold or when the aircon's going like a factory ecu. if it's tuned to do so.

plus if you get it mapped like mine with mapping points ever 125rpm, the smoothness and throttle response is amazing.

better off with a stock ECU....ahhhh noooo....not at all...although microtech is best for rotors.. out of interest what ECU do you run..... i have run stock and microtech....and microtech for performance..which is what imo is the point....

ah well each to their own....

Ahhhh Yesss. Thats how bad a microtech is to setup and get working. Better off running a resistor to trick the stock ECU.

Backyard style but at least its less problems/headaches.

I run a PFC, always have, always will for a RB.

so if i had a microtech...using no afm ect..... for me to go power fc what would have to be done ??

z32 afm.... that it??

i still have stock loom so the power should just plug away with the afm and hurray??

so if i had a microtech...using no afm ect..... for me to go power fc what would have to be done ??

z32 afm.... that it??

i still have stock loom so the power should just plug away with the afm and hurray??

get the d-jetro pfc.