SAU Community

Rays Wheels From Nengun.

I'm about to order some Gram Lights from nengun.com and I'm a bit confused about the disk type I should be choosing when selecting the rim size (A, B or C). I clicked on the link for Vehicle Specifications in the additional information tab on the page where you choose sizes/offset etc. but cannot find my car on that page for reference. If anyone can shed any light on this, then please do. My car is a 1992 R32 Skyline Type-M with the standard Type-M (4-pot) brakes and will be rolling/lipping my guards more before fitment. I was looking to buy 2x 18x9" in a +22 offset (disk B) and 2x 18x10" in a +10 offset (disk A). Just worried that if I buy them and try to fit them, then run into caliper clearance issues etc. I'd be pretty pissed. Thanks.

u should be fine with those disk types. the only issue i see is u buying from the wrong fucking person.

after all this thread ur still buying from nengun not streeter?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

u should be fine with those disk types. the only issue i see is u buying from the wrong f**king person.

after all this thread ur still buying from nengun not streeter?

Well I really can't be f**ked with e-mailing, waiting for reply for quotes, replying and send part payment etc etc. I just want to click submit, they debit full amount from my card and it's over with. I can understand in the interest of saving money to go through streeter but just a bit worried about what he states on the bottom of his website about how he can't offer any form of insurance (i'm guessing freight as well). So that's why I am just gonna go through nengun.

so nengun offer full insurance on all their items?

seriously, u cant be bothered typing a few sentences to save a lot of money? i can guarentee you streeter's service will always be better than nengun.

so nengun offer full insurance on all their items?

seriously, u cant be bothered typing a few sentences to save a lot of money? i can guarentee you streeter's service will always be better than nengun.

They would have to offer some form of insurance for freight/faulty items etc. I will find out by emailing both streeter and nengun first before committing to purchase then. Just to keep you happy. I just want to make sure that I am getting the best possible freight/warranty/insurance etc if I'm gonna be dropping that amount of money on rims, and if I have to pay a bit more to receive that reassurance then so be it.

They would have to offer some form of insurance for freight/faulty items etc. I will find out by emailing both streeter and nengun first before committing to purchase then. Just to keep you happy. I just want to make sure that I am getting the best possible freight/warranty/insurance etc if I'm gonna be dropping that amount of money on rims, and if I have to pay a bit more to receive that reassurance then so be it.

why would they "have to"? they are both essentially brokers, any freight issues are the responsibility of the freight company, not the broker.

u dont have to do anything, im just trying to save u a lot of $$ and at the same time get u to support a broker who for years has been providing a service which is better than any other out there.

Doubt it, no-one could beat the price I got for the wheels I ordered. It may be a different outcome for older or run-out models tho but worth the exersize to check.

Unfortunately Stu no I didn't. Only found out about him tonite So I'm getting him to price the suspension components, but wheels would have been a good option too.

Purchasing from Nengun may still be an expensive option for GT32, compared to local atleast.

Edited by mosoto

Well I really can't be f**ked with e-mailing, waiting for reply for quotes, replying and send part payment etc etc. I just want to click submit, they debit full amount from my card and it's over with. I can understand in the interest of saving money to go through streeter but just a bit worried about what he states on the bottom of his website about how he can't offer any form of insurance (i'm guessing freight as well). So that's why I am just gonna go through nengun.

http://www.nengun.com/info/terms-and-conditions

I had a quick browse and could not find any information on them supplying any sort of insurance (it did not mention shipping insurance anywhere either). All I found was that if you do find something is wrong with the item that you will have to notify them with in three days and then proceed to pay the full shipping costs to send the item back. You may also be hit with a 30% re-stocking fee in certain cases.

It seems that the only full insurance (covering freight back to them) they offer is if the item they sent you does not match the product number on your order. I am yet to hear of a unhappy customer needing to use this with Streeter.

there's 2 types of people with an opinion on who to import through, people who reccomend Streeter, and people who havnt used Streeter before :)

^ Spot on!

I recently recieved my silkroad coilovers which I ordered through streeter. I got a quote from him after hearing about his rep and then shopped around to see what I could come up with. Every other place could not beat his price or tried to sell me whatever shit they had instock or already on the way.

In the end I went with Jesse for the Silkroads and couldnt have been happier with the result. He returned my emails very promptly (which I cant say for some other import companies I have delt with) and fully detailed all of the costs and times involved in the transaction. Ill will def be using him again.

Taken from the Nengun website

"EMS is a pre-paid international shipping service delivering to most countries in 3-5 days with full insurance coverage. See the Japanese Postal Service website for more information."

I have just been supplied incorrect parts from Nengun. I had to send the item to an address here in Perth and then they resent the correct item. No 30% restocking fee unless you ordered the wrong parts.

I don't think Nengun, Greenline, Streeter etc do anything different from each other in regards to shipping etc. Maybe check with Streeter and see what his returns policy is?

Here is his returns policy which I presume is for 2nd hand parts not new ones??

"With the razor thin commissions I run I am not able to offer warranty or returns for faulty or damaged parts."

Edited by jonn

^ I dont see any problem with that return policy from streeter considering 'YOU' are choosing which 2nd hand parts to buy. If you decide to buy a 2nd hand part off yahoo japan etc. which turns out to be f**ked then how can that be his fault? He is simply a broker paying for it on your behalf and shipping it too you.

Edited by Tayno

I would suggest that anyone ordering wheels from Rays via any of the brokers check availability prior to placing the order.

Jesse Streeter will check availability if you are serious about buying, not sure about Nengun etc.

If Rays don't have them in stock you could be in for a long wait......

Taken from the Nengun website

"EMS is a pre-paid international shipping service delivering to most countries in 3-5 days with full insurance coverage. See the Japanese Postal Service website for more information."

I have just been supplied incorrect parts from Nengun. I had to send the item to an address here in Perth and then they resent the correct item. No 30% restocking fee unless you ordered the wrong parts.

I don't think Nengun, Greenline, Streeter etc do anything different from each other in regards to shipping etc. Maybe check with Streeter and see what his returns policy is?

Here is his returns policy which I presume is for 2nd hand parts not new ones??

"With the razor thin commissions I run I am not able to offer warranty or returns for faulty or damaged parts."

all that is, is nengun talking about the shipping service having insurance, not nengun themselves. just like u buy insurance when sending through aus post etc, doesnt mean the actual seller provides insurance of the product. all they are doing is wording it to make it sound better than it actually is.

as far as streeter's policy, i think if he made a mistake and sent u the wrong part he would take care of you, but thats something ud have to ask him. but i think its probably a matter of him not making as mistakes as nengun when it comes to sending parts to start with anyway.

^ I dont see any problem with that return policy from streeter considering 'YOU' are choosing which 2nd hand parts to buy. If you decide to buy a 2nd hand part off yahoo japan etc. which turns out to be f**ked then how can that be his fault? He is simply a broker paying for it on your behalf and shipping it too you.

exactly.

streeter is just a middle man, u choose what u want to buy, and jesse will get it to you, if u pick something which is f**ked, thats the risk u take from buying online, no different to ebay etc.

You've lost me Nisskid... You get insurance when you ship the item through EMS and yes it's just like Aussie Post. Box goes missing then you get your money back or more to the point Nengun (for example) get refunded and they send you a new item.

I'm sure you can get extra insurance if you pay for it but really it's not needed if you are already covered.

No argument from me here. Just wonder what the return policy is for new items.

You've lost me Nisskid... You get insurance when you ship the item through EMS and yes it's just like Aussie Post. Box goes missing then you get your money back or more to the point Nengun (for example) get refunded and they send you a new item.

I'm sure you can get extra insurance if you pay for it but really it's not needed if you are already covered.

well remember this originated from this:

They would have to offer some form of insurance for freight/faulty items etc.

yes the freight is covered if they insure it when they send it, but as far as the faulty items go, it doesnt look like Nengun offer anything either.