SAU Community

Rays Wheels From Nengun.

Hi all,

I am contemplating on ordering some Rays Gram light wheels from Nengun but I am curious to know how much the customs tax would be for the 4 wheels once they arrive in Australia. Would it be like 10% of the total price that I would have to pay for all of the wheels including delivery etc...

Cheers,

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

I am contemplating on ordering some Rays Gram light wheels from Nengun but I am curious to know how much the customs tax would be for the 4 wheels once they arrive in Australia. Would it be like 10% of the total price that I would have to pay for all of the wheels including delivery etc...

Cheers,

You may actually get away without paying tax on them.

I,err, someone I had a passing acquaintance with didn't get slugged for import duty.

The downside is you have to be prepared to wait. Mine took quite a few months (yes months) but when I did get them the date of manufacture was two weeks old, ie it was a case of Nengun waiting for Rays to make them.

You may actually get away without paying tax on them.

I,err, someone I had a passing acquaintance with didn't get slugged for import duty.

The downside is you have to be prepared to wait. Mine took quite a few months (yes months) but when I did get them the date of manufacture was two weeks old, ie it was a case of Nengun waiting for Rays to make them.

Really??? Thats handy! But did you or the other person do anything to miss out on import duty? Or just really lucky?

Cheers,

use streeter, MUCH better than nengun, and ull most likely dodge the tax that way as well.

if u dont beleive me search streeter over on ns/ht.com. if u still buy from anyone else ur an idiot lol

use streeter, MUCH better than nengun, and ull most likely dodge the tax that way as well.

if u dont beleive me search streeter over on ns/ht.com. if u still buy from anyone else ur an idiot lol

I checked your "ns/ht.com" and searched "streeter" but theres nothing. What is that?

I was thinking about using Nengun to purchase Rays wheels. Thing i like is that you can choose custom offsets for every wheel. Let us know how long everything takes and the process involved if you do, as i am considering buying new gram lights myself in the next few months.

I have bought many items off nengun that have been well over the 1k mark you are meant to pay tax on and has never happened.

They generally break your items up into separate packages with a a divided value marked on the EMS slip. Import tax is really only flagged on people who they find are bringing in large quantities of a given item. Not the individuals.

in my experience your pretty safe to bring in individual purchases without import tax... just don't do a group buy :D

Cheers

Camden

PS It will take a long time for your stuff to arrive with nengun... but they sometimes can't be beaten on price.

+1

am dealing with him right now. you CANT go wrong.

So this streeter guy is decent on prices hey?

I've never heard of him before, he new?

he's the cheapest broker around, the only way his prices are beat is if the supplier gets special discounts in Japan. the reason why u havnt heard of him is he goes by word of mouth, he doesnt advertise anywhere. he is a member on here, but ur better off just emailing him.

+1 for Streeter! You will simply not find a better price or anyone who has a bad word to say about him.

I checked your "ns/ht.com" and searched "streeter" but theres nothing. What is that?

You didn't look too hard, i came up with this within 5 seconds of searching on ns.com

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...amp;hl=Streeter

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...amp;hl=Streeter

he's the cheapest broker around, the only way his prices are beat is if the supplier gets special discounts in Japan. the reason why u havnt heard of him is he goes by word of mouth, he doesnt advertise anywhere. he is a member on here, but ur better off just emailing him.

Well there you go. Might have to give him a try one day.

Cheers.