SAU Community

Rays Wheels From Nengun.

Buy local and support the business in Australia :D

That being said I just got sent some Ikeya LCA and customs have picked them up. Cost me just of $300 duty for $1400 items. I spoke to a nice lady at Customs here in WA and she said that they have Nengun / Peter Spencer in their system and will be closely looking at items from him.

For larger shipments that can't come through the regular EMS postal service they will use FEDEX or something similar. These guys have their own customs broker service so they dob you in to customs straight away if they see the value is over $1000.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buy local and support the business in Australia :banana:

To go with his Falcodore? :(

As an aside, are there any Aussie manufacturers that make good quality and reasonably lightweight (for cast construction) wheels? :P

To go with his Falcodore? :huh:

As an aside, are there any Aussie manufacturers that make good quality and reasonably lightweight (for cast construction) wheels? :/

not really, simmons and ROH would be the only ones id trust, moreso simmons. even then ur often better off just bringing over from Japan.

Good luck getting 4 wheels in through customs without getting hit with duty and gst. It doesn't matter who you buy them off in Japan they are all the same price (roughly). When I spoke to customs yesterday they said they are getting tougher on EMS parcels coming through with no value or grossly under valued.

When you look at $300-ish on $1400-ish it doesn't make it all that much cheaper any more, does it?

Good luck getting 4 wheels in through customs without getting hit with duty and gst. It doesn't matter who you buy them off in Japan they are all the same price (roughly). When I spoke to customs yesterday they said they are getting tougher on EMS parcels coming through with no value or grossly under valued.

When you look at $300-ish on $1400-ish it doesn't make it all that much cheaper any more, does it?

ive brought in 2 sets, not hit with it either time. one set was 17x9 Volk GT-P's, which were like 200,000yen new (mine were 2nd hand). didnt have any issues even though they were undervalued.

both times were with streeter.

Sorry to go off topic here guys but can someone tell me what my wheels are? They look a bit like LMGT4's but I have never seen them in white before, They are genuine Rays tho so anyone know?

post-31195-1242807748_thumb.jpg

Not sure how to make the pic bigger?

Sorry to go off topic here guys but can someone tell me what my wheels are? They look a bit like LMGT4's but I have never seen them in white before, They are genuine Rays tho so anyone know?

post-31195-1242807748_thumb.jpg

Not sure how to make the pic bigger?

I'm pretty sure they're Rays Nismo LM GT1. Think they used to come on all 400R skylines.

Thanks GT32 that has been on my mind for 9years!

No worries. I asked my mate about them and he reckons they're quite rare apparently.

also keen to know more about taxes as im gona be purchasing a set in the comming weeks and nenguns prices for GTC's are $1500 cheaper than wot musecret sells them for

Hi again all,

First off, I would just like to say thanks to everyone who has provided your info/help on this matter of wheels from Japan.

I have since decided to buy the wheels through Streeter instead of Nengun so I will keep you guys posted on the progress... but will take a while though as he has told me that it will take about 2 months for Rays to make the wheels, but it will be worth it! :D

Cheers,

xanavinismo

Thanks GT32 that has been on my mind for 9years!

They arent LMGT1's theyre LMGT2's I have the same wheels...

GT1's are flat where the allen bolts fit around the top, the GT2's have the lip...

Hi again all,

First off, I would just like to say thanks to everyone who has provided your info/help on this matter of wheels from Japan.

I have since decided to buy the wheels through Streeter instead of Nengun so I will keep you guys posted on the progress... but will take a while though as he has told me that it will take about 2 months for Rays to make the wheels, but it will be worth it! :D

Cheers,

xanavinismo

you've made a very wise decision, u wont regret it.

from wot ive read on the aus government site and i think i got it rite, import tax on a set of rims bought at $3200 was around $360, thats not that bad

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to order some Gram Lights from nengun.com and I'm a bit confused about the disk type I should be choosing when selecting the rim size (A, B or C). I clicked on the link for Vehicle Specifications in the additional information tab on the page where you choose sizes/offset etc. but cannot find my car on that page for reference. If anyone can shed any light on this, then please do. My car is a 1992 R32 Skyline Type-M with the standard Type-M (4-pot) brakes and will be rolling/lipping my guards more before fitment. I was looking to buy 2x 18x9" in a +22 offset (disk B) and 2x 18x10" in a +10 offset (disk A). Just worried that if I buy them and try to fit them, then run into caliper clearance issues etc. I'd be pretty pissed. Thanks.

from wot ive read on the aus government site and i think i got it rite, import tax on a set of rims bought at $3200 was around $360, thats not that bad

Not quite right. You have to pay 10% duty on the wheels (less freight), add that to the cost of the wheels and then 10% GST on top.

So wheels eg. $2900 + duty = $3190 + freight (eg. $300) = $3490 + GST = $3839

Then if you get caught you have to either pay to clear them yourself $50 (roughly) or get a customs broker to do it for you. I would suggest doing it yourself as Customs will send you all the forms you need to fill out and are quite helpful if you have any problems.

Edited by jonn