SAU Community

What is enough power?

Horus

Originally posted by SmoothLine

Waaaahhhhh

How far away is the car den?

1 maybe 2 weeks, custom spec turbo being made at the moment with 0.70 A/R Comp, T66 comp wheel, 0.87 A/R Rear and secret spec exhaust wheel. Once thats made just got bolt it to my new custom made high mount manifold and 45 external race gate.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iv recently just upgraded my turbo to a pretty sedate little item...

while tuning, we got a final figuer of 236rwKw, and even with decent 265 rubber on the back, im skating all over the place in 3rd at fullboost

seriously, i dont see the point of having anymore than 250kw at the REAR wheels

i understand if u have a 4x4 trim, but seriously..its occured to me that i simply cant justify having this much power

Originally posted by whistla

seriously, i dont see the point of having anymore than 250kw at the REAR wheels

what's classified as fullboost :confused:

:P:P

mmm... Denham, you aint even rebuilt your motor... and it's been off the road for how long? :D

Anyone would think spending how ever much you have been, both time and money, you were rebuilding the motor ???

j/k :shake:

But if your on stock internals... enjoy! i will be to, we can both blow a motor together :)

Just how much HAVE you spent denham (if i can ask)

to chase your power goal?

Originally posted by R31Nismoid

mmm... Denham, you aint even rebuilt your motor... and it's been off the road for how long?  :D

Anyone would think spending how ever much you have been, both time and money, you were rebuilding the motor ???

j/k    :shake:  

But if your on stock internals... enjoy! i will be to, we can both blow a motor together  :)

Just how much HAVE you spent denham (if i can ask)

to chase your power goal?

I was gonna go the full hog and rebuild the motor but i am saving that $$ for my new house.

As for the total spent from transforming it from stock as from when i bought it, there isent much left from 10g of the $$ i sorta know of for performance parts, other $$ was spend on cosmetic stuff!

hey ppls i am currently building mine at the moment got nothing betta to do (lost my license :D ) i am hoping to get about 330rwkw but the only thing with that is it gonna be a bugga to drive on the road i think around 250rwkw is plenty for a daily driver anywhere ova that and it becomes a little unpractical, im not saying its bad i love big powered cars but if u gonna have that much power have a second car as well and save the animal for when u wanna have some fun hehe.

What is enough power? Hmmmm, good question. Wardest has summarised my views quite well in saying that my stock WRX was awesome for the 13 months I had it and then I wanted something different and the GTR was the answer.

Upgrading the GTR was initally just something I was toying with. With 210rwkw and my Tien suspension, it felt awesome, cornered well and had decent straight line ability. It wasn't until about 15 months ago, I decided to build a sick drag beast which could still be street driven. What inspired me to push harder was the FangArtists. When we met up, 200+rwkw had credit but it wasn't enough to keep up with some of the more powerful cars out there, so I made the decision to do the turbo conversion and work the internals at the same time to save pulling the engine down over and over again to put new bits in there.

At 450+rwkw, the car is a true animal on the strip and street. It's no fun playing with other cars now. Bikes are the way to go :D That's the only way there's a chance of losing. Now I'm not saying I'm the best driver in the World and I can beat anyone out there, all I'm saying is that when you have almost double the hp of most performance cars on the street, anyone can win driving my car as long as you can change gears and keep the car staight.

Racing with the hp which my car puts out is dangerous and therefore is now kept to the strip only so if you see me out on the street, please don't try to race me as it will be a waste of your fuel, time, effort and possibly your licence :)

good answer leewah but what r u gonna do if u happen to pull up beside obehave? that thing is an absolute beast. not saying yours isnt i saw yours on the dyno at auto saloon.

ah obehve , yes ive come across this beast on dandeong road. And what a beast it is. it passed me doing about 300km an hour all i saw were a couple of round lights and his plate. I was scared and excited at the same time.

i was cruising along minding my own business. then out of somewhere i see these headlights getting closer and closer then i hear something which sounds like a jumbo jet then this almighty roar a huge whooosh and that was it. Ive seen it parked outside of ATP as well.