SAU Community

Need help, insurance for r33 N/A

Looked every where and can't find insurance at a reasonable price, insuring a r33 gts N/A skyline under parents name. SGIO said they would then realised they made a mistake lucky i rung them before i bought the car as i was going to get it the next day. Looking for insurance at 1000 or below. Famous and others are offering rediculous prices. Anyone know of insurance companies that might fit the description on todays current insurance policies.

hey i know how you feel, i went through the same thing when i recently got my r33 N/A

If you want full comp insurance give up because you won't fine it, unless your willing to fork out like 4 grand.

Third party fire and theft (just drive carefully :D )

I have my insurance coverage at that for somthing like 600, me thinks i am rating 6

i am with just cars insurance, apparently RACV and AAMI won't accept the car under your parents name, meaning if you drive and you have an accident its not covered. thats what i have heard. well hope it helps

Yea as foshan said. I got quoted about $1700-1800 fully comp and under my name. I'm 21 by the way with $250 bucks worth of fine and 3 points off my license. So i'd image it would be cheaper if its under ur dad's name.

So give HBF a try, they're the cheapest i've found so far.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the comments but i don't know if you noticed but todays current insurance policies including hbf etc don't insure grey cars anymore, it is possible however if you already have an import insured mas i tried to get my brother to insure it for me as he had a soarer insured through them but they wouldn't do it for me because i was under 25 as a designated driver. I wouldn't pay anymore than a grand for a na skyline anymore and its not worth it for me.

pat_au: im in perth and im paying 2500 with HBF for full comp since may this yr.

still doin fine and maybe u might have heard wrong cause if im not mistaken, they only dont insure under 21's for turbo's.

N/a's whether import or not shd be fine. Especially a skyline seeing the parts are floating everywhere at bloody low prices and shd nethin happen, theyd pick up the parts for much less than getting em for a brand new Maxima or X-trail.

anyways, if not, fire and theft might be a consideration...

driving a skyline makes the worry of not having insurance worth it.. hahahah

:P

imho that is

• 1 month later...

yer just to add my bit, well i rang up HBF and they said that they wernt insuring grey cars nymore, but ppl who already have insurance its ok, so thats why i havent decided to get one yet, as insurace isnt right, well thats my two bob

thanks