SAU Community

Probs With The R33 Gtr

shinfta

got a r33 gtr with power fc, thing was pullin 257kw at the wheels then the next time got it tuned they had to bring it back 9 degrees cause it was pinging of its head. so as a result not getting i was much power now its pretty much back to standard. not naming anyone but when i asked what was the reason for it, i was told that they didnt no:-( its still driving ok from what i can gather but just wondering if anyone has any opions on what might be going on?

going to see someone about it next week but would mind gettin a few opions as i have not much of an idea. thanks:-)

did they adjust the CAS or adjust the ignition timing on the IGN MAP on the hand controller?

adjusting the CAS is braindead and the lazy way, and it affects the whole tune

but if they did it on the IGN map its ok. what fuel are you using?

cars usually knock different on the dyno vs on the street so its normal to see some knocking on the street after a full tune

i didnt get much feed back at all, he just said dont panic drive it for a while and see what happens. considering he is spost to be one of the best you think he would have some idea. im was using 100 octane but have to use the 98 and im putting the octaine booter in it but its not really makin much diffrence. anyway hopin this new guy i will take it too can sort it out. this shit is depressing. feel like im drivin me mums collrola sometimes:-)

so you got it tuned on 100 and now your using 98?

no wonder its knocking, you need to get it retuned on 98, the timing will be heaps different

until you get it re-tuned on 98 baby it around, backdial the CAS or use the powerfc temp ign adjust (covered in the PFC FAQ in my signature)

the PFC temp ign adjust is the quickest way to temporary reduce timing across the whole map