SAU Community

It's About Damn Time ...

Hey guys,

Formerly of the Holden persuasion, was always fond of my Lion badge. Started out many many years ago with a VL and then progressed to a VS S2 Spak ute and then just recently into a VZ SV6. However I ALWAYS had a soft spot for skylines .... and now that I am taking ownership of one later this week... it's about damn time.

I was originally planning on keeping the VZ Sv6 and getting a skyline as a weekend car but I have had to expedite plans as I was involved in a car accident on 14th may on west coast highway. I was turning right onto Hale road, was waiting for traffic southbound to stop, left hand lane had stopped, but right hand lane hadn't, a station wagon ran a late yellow and I saw him so I waited. Had another look up the road and a transperth bus was about 50 meters back and looked to be slowing ... how wrong I was. I moved into the intersection to cross over onto Hale, and the bus came through the red light and took me out. I walked away from the crash somehow, my car is a COMPLETE write off however. Fortunately the other guy was at fault and the WA Police have as such issued the guy with an infringement for failing to stop for a red light and insurance has paid out as I am not at fault. And so here I am, thankful to be alive and almost greatful for the outcome ... I'm finally getting a skyline :cheers:

Apart from that, easy going, married, house, dog etc. I'm a network engineer by trade and work for an IT firm in Osborne Park contracting out to corporations and private businesses for Microsoft, Novell, VMWare and other support/solutions/consulting.

Any further info drop me a line, other than that, I'm usually available on [email protected] when I am in front of a PC.

Take it easy and look forward to meeting you fellas soon... (with any luck this saturday...? car delivery depending...). I've posted specs of the car I am taking delivery of soon in the "members ride's" section, no pics yet, coming soon.

-Chris

Edited by stormtrooper

haha cheers mate. No, I've been wanting a skyline R32 GTR for about 10 years now, just I never saw myself in a position to go out and buy one. Wasn't financial or anything, was practicality. I've always owned the commodores because I'm a Holden faithful, but also because my wife and I weren't sure on when we were going to end up with kiddies. We've established a 5 year plan and she has said that as long as I end up with a bigger car later on down the track, she's all for me having a skyline now hehe. I've driven a few skylines and silvia's in my time aswel, but always loved the skylines.

-Chris