SAU Community

Rpm And Ecu ?

atomaly

excuse my n00bness i only just got it last weekend! but.....here goes,

with my SeriesII RSFour S

when i'm in first, i can hit i think 5500ish RPM then it feels like it holds at 5500RPM,

and i have to change gear.... then second will go past 5500...

has that got something to do with the ECU limiting how far i can push it in first?

or something else u think?

:banana:

Tomas.

oh i just read a post about 5500 Rpms and the boost dropping...

i'll have to keep an eye on my boost, my rpm and the road all at the same time so wish me luck haha

( or just get a friend to sit in and help )

:blink:

has that got something to do with the ECU limiting how far i can push it in first?

i'm sure the 4WD models don't have traction control, only the RWD ones so it wouldn't be that.

when you say its holds at 5500 rpm does it feel like a rev limit of more of a flat spot? if it feels like a flat spot it could be a few things, could be the intake pipe sucking closed a bit, if you still have the stock exhaust or dump/front pipe you could be feeling the restriction. it also could be the slight flat spot experienced when the VVT switches off (around 5k rpm).

Edited by QWK32

i'm sure the 4WD models don't have traction control, only the RWD ones so it wouldn't be that.

when you say its holds at 5500 rpm does it feel like a rev limit of more of a flat spot? if it feels like a flat spot it could be a few things, could be the intake pipe sucking closed a bit, if you still have the stock exhaust or dump/front pipe you could be feeling the restriction. it also could be the slight flat spot experienced when the VVT switches off (around 5k rpm).

it did feel more like a flat spot than a limit maybe.. i'll try and figure exactly where and when its happening! :D

actually noticed a small exaust bandage after having a good look, would that be the source if its not sealed 100% ? :)

i think its a 3" exaust system from the looks of it

might have to get some help with this one i'm quite a n00b.

it came with an aftermarket intercooler on the front, with nice shiny pipes :)

aswell as an aftermarket pod filter and a BOV.

i'll keep investigating..

Edited by atomaly

it did feel more like a flat spot than a limit maybe.. i'll try and figure exactly where and when its happening! :D

actually noticed a small exaust bandage after having a good look, would that be the source if its not sealed 100% ? :)

i think its a 3" exaust system from the looks of it

might have to get some help with this one i'm quite a n00b.

it came with an aftermarket intercooler on the front, with nice shiny pipes :)

aswell as an aftermarket pod filter and a BOV.

i'll keep investigating..

LOL.

I still don't know how you got all that passed road worthy (let alone VicRoads).

Do you have the stock ECU or is there a piggyback installed?

Not sure why you need to hit 5.5k in 1st gear though!

LOL.

I still don't know how you got all that passed road worthy (let alone VicRoads).

Do you have the stock ECU or is there a piggyback installed?

I like to hit redline in first, it's just fun :D

Why? Why not! lol. Besides, the old RB25 doesn't really open up till around 5k rpm.

but gets you nowhere.

It's more the sound of the reving engine :D Mine still pulls to redline but it's does weaken off towards the end.

I'm dreaming of a high-flow and a remap :)

Why? Why not! lol. Besides, the old RB25 doesn't really open up till around 5k rpm.

yeah its a bit laggy down low, really opens up 4.5->6.5 , i was just a bit unsure as to why it wont get deep into the 'nice range' in 1st.

maybe give SSV a call about it??? for my case i'm saying it came with the car stock standard from the dealer :) i didnt do the RW or register it. :D

i'm not sure about if its a stock ECU i'll have a check tonight!

checked my intercooler thismorning.... its a "Blitz" from what it says on it.

yeah its a bit laggy down low, really opens up 4.5->6.5 , i was just a bit unsure as to why it wont get deep into the 'nice range' in 1st.

4.5-6.5??

You may want to check if you a "stock" turbo hiding down there.

Don't think Nissan made a turbo with that much lag from factory.

4.5-6.5??

You may want to check if you a "stock" turbo hiding down there.

Don't think Nissan made a turbo with that much lag from factory.

how do i know if its a stock turbo or not ? i've never had a turbo'd car b4 :D

its all rather exciting :D

Note that he can go past 5000 in other gears just not 1st!

what boost controller is it running? I know the AVC-R that I have you can limit boost by gear, so that could be it - but even if that WAS it , would make no sense as you can still rev past 5000 if you are still making normal boost.

Note that he can go past 5000 in other gears just not 1st!

what boost controller is it running? I know the AVC-R that I have you can limit boost by gear, so that could be it - but even if that WAS it , would make no sense as you can still rev past 5000 if you are still making normal boost.

might have to get someone to help me out in this area,

i'm a little bit limited in what i know (n00b :D )

i'm like a sponge at the moment. :D

sorry didnt see you had an S. And ys im aware their manny. HATE YOU :D lol

i couldnt imagine having a car like this and it NOT being manual :D

No joke it blows.

Ive done the majority of bolt ons (coil packs, plugs, FMIC, 3" turbo back, EBC, SAFCII, SITC, Coil overs, camber arms, toe arms ect ect...) and its just starting to pull pretty well just if it had a real gear box :'(