SAU Community

Ezy Imports?

grt87

Hi,

hmm.. first post.

Was just wondering if anyone has heard of Ezy Imports on the Gold Coast?

Mate of mine was directed to them after looking at a 32 GTR that sold to somebody else after he looked at it.

http://ezyimports.com

They quoted my mate 5 grand for a manual 32 GTST, with 6 months rego, or 13 grand for a 32 GTR.

their prices seem.. well... I cant imagine how they make money.. theres also no ABN etc on their website. I'm familiar with the importing process a bit, as I imported my current car (Levin BZG) through J-Spec.

Just curious as to whether anybody has heard about them, if its a real business etc.

Thanks, I figured it was to good to be true.

I suppose thats why they are wanting 4 and a half grand up front... so they can run off with it

Where do these businesses keep coming from??? Jeez...

Golden rule - if it sounds too good to be true...

So a quick look into them (don't quote me as was a quick one) shows you have the address of Admin Office Australia 5 Lawson Street , Southport Central Qld 4215 which is a set of units in QLD which is ok but multiple business at the address.

The website is registered in the US, might not mean anything as I am not an IT geek without a life, but they have used a proxy with Melbourne IT to hide their personal information ([email protected]).

Ezy Imports isnt a registered company with ASIC, but Ezy Import was registered out of NSW and had a name change in 2002, they give advice on the stock market.

But as stated before the best is Deposit is then required $4500 (refundable).

You would be amazed how many importers like this are out their.

Pretty funny that this came up, a mate of mine and I found these guys website the other day and came to the same conclusion; that its probably bullshit. But then again if it is true i'll happily sell GTT car for a $16,000 R34 GTR. Does anyone want to take one for the team and phone up? Maybe try for a quote on something...

As I said their are plenty of people advertising cars that are not eligible to be imported let alone the prices they quote, it is called "Bait Advertising". Their is one expert in AUS on his website pricing up S14's, RX7 Series 6's and 7's (not advertised as Race/Rally) along with models that don't and never will meet the SEVS requirement.

• 1 month later...
"Remarkable" prices aside, they're giving figures for non turbo GTO's, MR-2's, EVO 9's, CRX's and NSX's! All utterly unimportable! (that's a word, trust me :happy: ) .

Ben doesnt have to mean anything as ur J.spec has time to time same cars to be imported into other places as is Australia , but what is more suspicious is prices on all GTR's especially R34 GTR .

Address or location isnt problem as for example Prestige motorsport is same You can get in contact only over the mobil ph, never is personal contact .

But whole Ezy import is looks dodgy in first impression to me ...

put it this way, a client got a 32 GTR for a very cheap price imported (not through these guys so don't jump to conclusions) and upon arrival it had so many problems...when he had it inspected it turns out his GTR was actually made up of 3 cars welded together (front, rear, mid sections).

So I guess you might have a very very slim chance that this is a legit importer, but there being no quote on quality, I would take the prices with a huge bit of caution.

If you're going to import a car which is usually sight unseen (with your own eyes) then you have to at least trust the people who say they've inspected it and given it the all clear. Paying a bit more for peace of mind is worth it.

Edited by mickey

My fav quote from the website, very professional

"I dont have the deposit but still want a car?

STOP DREAMING LITTLE KIDDIES , It aint going to happen.

Perhaps try Tamiya they might be able to help you."

hilarious. I found a few places like this while searching for my car initially, and for about 5 mins thought i could get a nice 32 GTR for under 18k.....

the GTR i found was on carpoint for $13000, said it was cheap cause last buyer fell thru and had to be gone fast aparently.

I emailed him, and all i got back was a "sorry its sold, but check this website out www.xxxxx.com"

and it was a direct link to the same sorta site, offering every type of import for under 20 grand, all grade 4 cars, blah blah blah.

always too good to be true