SAU Community

Gt-t Or Gts-t

hi im new to this forum and am looking at buying my first skyline and was woundering what is the better way to go the 95 gts-t or the 98 gt-t? and why?and whats the difference between them?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi im new to this forum and am looking at buying my first skyline and was woundering what is the better way to go the 95 gts-t or the 98 gt-t? and why?and whats the difference between them?

Hi. I went thorugh this decision about 7 months ago. I came really close to buying a gts-t, but ended up going for a 98 gt-t instead. Here's my decision process:

• I personally think the R34 is a better looking car
  • More refined feel compared to the R33
  • 206kw Neo engine versus 187kw S2 motor. Torque is also up ~50nm. Very responsive and plenty of torque down low.
  • Slightly newer car, hence less likely to experience problems
  • Price difference, i thought i would fork out the extra $6k for the 34
  • Revised interior
  • Less of them on the road, R33s are becoming way too common for my liking

It's going to come down to gut instinct. When you find the right car, you will know. I looked at around 6 cars and knew straight away that the 34 I have now was for me. What ever you do, don't buy the first car you look at. Take your time to drive other cars, see how they differ.

7 months later and i still love the thing to bits. I look forward to driving it everyday.

Best of luck my friend

Edited by lukebaldan

Thanks for your thought. I really like the look of both cars and as you said the gts-t are really common. Im starting to lean towards the gt-t.

Thanks for your thought. I really like the look of both cars and as you said the gts-t are really common. Im starting to lean towards the gt-t.

Not a problem. Go with the GT-T you won't be disappointed :-)

I've driven both my 1995 R33 GTS-T manual and my friend's 1999 R34 GT-T manual. There is a noticeable difference in feel between them. However, not a huge difference in performance. I recommend driving them both to compare for yourself, as we are all different in what we want from a car.

For me, I prefer the R33 interior. It just feels roomier and I much prefer the dash layout. Also, the velour seats are a ton better than the cheap shit cloth in the R34. I hate R34 seats - I also hate 350Z seats and any other Nissan seats where the legs appear to be outlined in the cushion.

Performance wise I felt they were on par...the R34 feels smoother / more refined in its power delivery, but both cars are pretty well even in terms of actual speed / acceleration. The power difference means buggerall when the R34 weighs about 50kg more. I also dislike variable valve timing in an engine so the R34 lost points with me there.

What it's going to come down to more than anything is looks, and how much you want to spend. The R34 is a great looking car; probably better than the R33 in my opinion. But I couldn't justify the extra $6,000 (or whatever the price difference is nowadays) when I still find the R33 attractive. Put it this way: my friend paid circa $21,000 for his R34 about 2 years ago, with 100,000km on the clock. I paid nearly half that for my R33 with even less mileage. And my friends, having been in both cars, actually prefer my car.

Edited by Birds

thanks birds I can pick up a r33 for $11990 veilside body kit, GTR grille, fibreglass vented bonnet, custom boot pods, shaved boot, ganador mirrors, 18" shaddow chrome Kaotik rims, hybrid front mount intercooler, blitz BOV, Apexi boost controller, air flow converter, NISMO carbon fiber gear knob, Momo steering wheel, GTR

seats and door trims, K&N pod filter

and the r34 for $10500 Coil over suspension, front mount intercooler, aftermarket alloys exhaust and mags

thanks birds I can pick up a r33 for $11990 veilside body kit, GTR grille, fibreglass vented bonnet, custom boot pods, shaved boot, ganador mirrors, 18" shaddow chrome Kaotik rims, hybrid front mount intercooler, blitz BOV, Apexi boost controller, air flow converter, NISMO carbon fiber gear knob, Momo steering wheel, GTR

and the r34 for $10500 Coil over suspension, front mount intercooler, aftermarket alloys exhaust and mags

Interesting...

I still probably go for the R34, the R33 sounds all riced out with all that bodykit and Blitz BOV junk (The R33 Veilside bodykit only looks good on the R33 GTR) but you stated it has a FMIC and boost controller... Is it pumping a big amount of kW's?

What I am saying is the R33 better have a decent power out put, otherwise the car is all show and no go...

I'd go the R34 GTT already 206kW factory + everything you listed on there sounds good.

All for a cheaper price.

Interesting...

I still probably go for the R34, the R33 sounds all riced out with all that bodykit and Blitz BOV junk (The R33 Veilside bodykit only looks good on the R33 GTR) but you stated it has a FMIC and boost controller... Is it pumping a big amount of kW's?

What I am saying is the R33 better have a decent power out put, otherwise the car is all show and no go...

I'd go the R34 GTT already 206kW factory + everything you listed on there sounds good.

All for a cheaper price.

thanks for ya thought thats 2 for the gt-t

Somethings definately wrong. Even if it was a tiptronic GTT, you would be looking at least $14-15k

I know. Its defently a manual and done 65,000kms . Unless he dosen't know what hes got.

I know. Its defently a manual and done 65,000kms . Unless he dosen't know what hes got.

Geez if that's the case and the car is legit, road worthied and feels alright. Go for it!

Geez if that's the case and the car is legit, road worthied and feels alright. Go for it!

thanks for ya imput much apprecheated

Choices choices - the R33 there sounds like ass and the R34 sounds dodge.

Personally, in that price bracket I'd be looking for a really nice clean R33 Series 2(1996 to 1998 shape). In a REALISTIC price range of an R34 GTT I wouldnt waste my money on one and would look at picking up an R33 GTR(if I were to modify) or pick up an R32 GTR(if I were to keep it fairly standard and just enjoy it as is).

Owned both and in my opinion if you're planning on modifying it to a decent level(computer/turbo/etc) then your decision will all come down to the looks and the quality of cars you inspect.

If you're not going to modify it to that level then definitely go an R34.

Cheers.

Edit: Veilside is teh ghey and that R34($10500) has got to be dodge.