SAU Community

Kakimoto Exhausts

Im new here :)

Right now I have a GTS25 NA stock and I want to buy a Kakimoto exhaust system because of it's amazing but not excessively loud sound but which one is the best to buy

-Full mega N1

-regu 06 (i think)

and if I purchased one of these exhaust systems, how much of a power will I gain?

Thanks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kakimoto's are great. I would always recommend them for NA's but you have to remember its going to said noticeably different to a turbo skyline. The regu 06 will drone from a NA because its a cannon without the hotdogs etc etc. If you get the kakimoto R, part NO. (NS310) 70mm Pipe - 115mm Tail would be the best performance wise for a NA.

its up to you

cannon

muffler

kakimoto's are great. I would always recommend them for NA's but you have to remember its going to said noticeably different to a turbo skyline. The regu 06 will drone from a NA because its a cannon without the hotdogs etc etc. If you get the kakimoto R, part NO. (NS310) 70mm Pipe - 115mm Tail would be the best performance wise for a NA.

its up to you

cannon

muffler

Thanks mate, any idea what kind of kw i would be gaining from the kakimoto R?

Hannibalk1ng would be right there. Extractors would compliment the exhaust system. The main difference would be that buying a muffler would allow you to have more power through lower range (its better for street basically).

Getting that cannon catback Kakimoto make means the pipe is designed for turbo skylines so it will very droney and performance lacking on the street and even on the track you would have to reach the red line for it to feel different performance wise to a stock exhaust. Its designed for a turbo not NA, so unless its on the track at 6000-7000rpm it wont be able to be even as good as a stocker.

Thats why i would just get the muffler. Its like the stock design but functions better than it so its going to be better than it was before anyway.

If you are going to go a 3" system they are all going to be much of a muchness in sound because they are not made for a non turbo skylines with high compression.

i can sell you mine in about a month.. 2.5" all the way throught with a resonator and a drift muffler, also can put on a high flow cat for a little extra.

Thanks for everything, I was just curious about the power gain but I dont need it. I just prefer the sound of the exhaust. The power is just a bonus for me.

Yeah I dont want much drone (a little is ok) so wat type of exhaust limits drone?

Edited by mick2nv

do not get a kakimoto exhaust i have one

when people get in the car for the first time they cannot believe how loud it is, ive never had someone in my car who hasnt made a comment about the exhaust.

spend the money at a exhaust shop and get a custom one made to suit your car

you will spend less, have a better note and a power increase

when people get in the car for the first time they cannot believe how loud it is, ive never had someone in my car who hasnt made a comment about the exhaust.

is it a cannon from Kakimoto or Kakimoto R??

the Kakimoto R model is quite and it can be loud when you but your foot flat but at least its not a loud drone as well......

Best best get one made up from any exhaust place. 2.5inch all the way and a cannon. probs looking at $ 350 installed.

but expect a drone while on the freeway doing 100kms

Thanks I'll take your advice and get one custom made.

Soon hopefully

im not sure the name it says n1 or somthing...

i still do not see why anyone would consider one for there NON TURBO

custom

-cheaper

-better power

-better note

-no headaches

-less police attention

LOL, the Full Mega N1 Hyper 2000 = Excessively loud, stock R34 with it was 113dB :P

It sounded tough though, on gearchanges it would "bark" and it scared small children. Downside was that after a good drive your ears would be ringing (true story)

yep thats what i got the full mega n1

the thing is a joke

it sounds pretty tuff tho

but yeh after a long drive ur ears are literally ringing for a few hours.