SAU Community

Kakimoto Exhausts

^^^^don't get a full mega n1? are you serious?

i agree if you are scared/don't want to have a loud car otherwise they aren't a joke. they are a pure power making exhaust system with a tone to match. they are pure quality.

i've never went for anything less then a kakimoto on all of my skylines. on one of my 32s i had a full mega n1 straight pipe from a high mount t04e turbo. THING SOUNDED NUTS when on throttle! it gives you the pure rb sound. i miss it so much.

now i've gone for the quieter route because of me trying to keep my car legal and i have a kakimoto R now. has a awesome tone are pretty much epa friendly. good exhaust if you want something quiet without being restrictive

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every single Kakimoto is not for a non turbo. Buuuttttt they made the Kakimoto R where they made the system with a 2.5" set up just for non turbo skylines.

Full mega n1's are like the Nuclear bomb of exhaust. They go BOOM. Also there for a Turbo skyline so there not going to work like the non turbo set up they designed.

If you consider getting a Kakimoto get the R or else you will have a super huge war canon on your skyline which will have no power ;)

(Kakimoto R hasnt been around for more than a year so not many people have it, a guy on the forum is getting one and you should wait to see his verdict. I ve seen it and its a sensible Kakimoto which is hard to believe :) )

Jakez88 sums it up. If you want a good exhaust at a bit more cost and not loud (EPA legal) and has the power capable then get a type R simple as that a custom is alright but these Kakimotos are new and designed for N\A skylines

Edited by central coast person

(Kakimoto R hasnt been around for more than a year so not many people have it, a guy on the forum is getting one and you should wait to see his verdict. I ve seen it and its a sensible Kakimoto which is hard to believe :) )

Me ;)

im planning to get rid of my HKS super dragger cat back 2.5'' and coby extractors if any1s interested.

I personally think its one of the best set ups you can have on a NA skyline if you don't like the noise but want a bit more power, does not drone AT ALL even coupled with hiflow cat and extractors but gives a nice tone when giving it. PM me if interested.

And if your after a similar and cheaper comparison of the regu.06 i reckon the Trust greddy power extreme 2 would be a close competitor.

My car came with a full mega n1..

I love it to death, it sounds beefy as especially when the butterfly opens.

Ive never been pulled over with it yet just chuck it in 5th and putt along or roll past with the clutch in :)

If your planning on turboing your car in the future and arent too obsessed with power as a N/A really isnt that slow for the first few years of driving. Id get anyone that u like that way you wont have to change/sell your old exhaust later on.

My 2 cents :P

i had a custom exhaust made up with nice twin tips, had a glasspack centre muffler and a straight through rear muffler, 2.5" mandrel bent mild steel from the catback. hardly droned at all :) then i got the snail and now its whisper quiet on the highway xD

LOL I'm amazed at the amount of Full Megas out there, they must love them in Japan. I remember when I went to test drive my car and when he started it up it was literally BOOM BOOM BOOM. I was like are you serious?????

But yeah on the street when the variable intake opened it sounded awesome and said "look at me I'm a race whore" (in an N/A hahaha) I imaginge on a turbo car it would be toned down a lot though. In QLD now you just wouldn't get away with it.

Back in 2002 I actually got pulled over by a speed camera (yes who would have thought) and the guy told me to stop drawing attention to myself, but I won that argument as he cut me off on a left hand turn nearly causing an accident.

Every single Kakimoto is not for a non turbo. Buuuttttt they made the Kakimoto R where they made the system with a 2.5" set up just for non turbo skylines.

Full mega n1's are like the Nuclear bomb of exhaust. They go BOOM. Also there for a Turbo skyline so there not going to work like the non turbo set up they designed.

If you consider getting a Kakimoto get the R or else you will have a super huge war canon on your skyline which will have no power :)

(Kakimoto R hasnt been around for more than a year so not many people have it, a guy on the forum is getting one and you should wait to see his verdict. I ve seen it and its a sensible Kakimoto which is hard to believe :D )

Jakez88 sums it up. If you want a good exhaust at a bit more cost and not loud (EPA legal) and has the power capable then get a type R simple as that a custom is alright but these Kakimotos are new and designed for N\A skylines

Hey mate would you happen to know the db levels on the kakimoto R?

• 5 years later...

^^^^don't get a full mega n1? are you serious?

i agree if you are scared/don't want to have a loud car otherwise they aren't a joke. they are a pure power making exhaust system with a tone to match. they are pure quality.

i've never went for anything less then a kakimoto on all of my skylines. on one of my 32s i had a full mega n1 straight pipe from a high mount t04e turbo. THING SOUNDED NUTS when on throttle! it gives you the pure rb sound. i miss it so much.

now i've gone for the quieter route because of me trying to keep my car legal and i have a kakimoto R now. has a awesome tone are pretty much epa friendly. good exhaust if you want something quiet without being restrictive

is the full mega n1 u talking about like the link below ?

http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s400355203

how loud is it ? loud during idle ?

Hmm, I am convinced from reading this thread that it is not worth getting a sports exhaust on my 370GT. Was looking for the power boost, but if it is not noticeable, it is not worth it (for me)!

For N/A's it is never worth it for a power increase. You have to go full extractors back for that and then that is major $ and overkill for the petty gains you get from an NA.

Otherwise, absolutely avoid the turbo designed stuff, go custom and cat-back.

-It is new (2nd hand might rust out soon), probably cheaper, designed for N/A, and your desired noise level. You can also get the right sound but have a nice big cannon tip if you are after that look (a big cannon from a turbo designed 'zorst usually wakes the dead on an NA)

I had one on mine and it sounded gorgeous. Never droned, wasn't too loud, but had just the right note from idle to redline. I miss that noise to this day and know why many reviewers note that seldom, if ever, do turbo cars sound as good as a sweet N/A.

• 3 weeks later...

so are you asking for the purposes of an NA or a GTR?

from memory they are a bit loud. but also is regulated by the cats, dumps and turbos. all of which enhance the noise on a turbo car,,,

so are you asking for the purposes of an NA or a GTR?

from memory they are a bit loud. but also is regulated by the cats, dumps and turbos. all of which enhance the noise on a turbo car,,,

Gtr mate, i guess i won't be able to tell which one that i like till i i physically sit in someones gtr and listen

Gtr mate, i guess i won't be able to tell which one that i like till i i physically sit in someones gtr and listen

exactly. and one mans drone is another mans 'deep and throaty but not to loud...'

as I said, if you change the turbos then also expect more noise etc. I went from a stock turbo to a HKS 2535 on my GTST and the noise was noticeably louder...