SAU Community

Gt5 Is Ready

bigslick

ok, I'm about to order the US collector's edition from gamestop in the US but the shipping to aus is $35USD + $99 USD for the game so about $160AUD total. Is there anywhere more reasonably priced shipping wise or should I just go ahead with this one?

yeah pretty much. i think it was jbhifi have the release date as december on their site.

Yeah eb have a release date of november 2010 and jb have a release date of december 2010, both on their sites.

does anyone know any aus retailers that are taking pre-orders on the collectors edition?

My cousin went to pre order gt5 at jb and i asked him to check if he could pre order the collectors edition, and he said yeah he could. I might go tomorrow to jb to see if i can pre order it, but i'm not sure since we haven't gotten any info about a collectors edition for australia.

Edited by Dark26

ok, I'm about to order the US collector's edition from gamestop in the US but the shipping to aus is $35USD + $99 USD for the game so about $160AUD total. Is there anywhere more reasonably priced shipping wise or should I just go ahead with this one?

www.play-asia.com

forget gamestop

slight update on release dates. on sony france's press site it has the release date as the 24th of november. so that gives an indication of when europe will get it. still just need to find out when australia gets it.

I just pre-ordered collectors edition from EB. Reason its not on the site is because there isnt a set price on it yet for them. But the guy told me it would be around $150 and it's definately out sometime in November.

Edited by Dani Boi

i wouldn't be too trusting of them saying it will only be $150. just be prepared for closer to $200/250 as i said earlier in the thread. the collectors edition in the states is going to be $40 more than the normal version ($59 vs $99), and the $59 games there are normally $120 here, so even if you work of our prices being double that will still put it up around $200.

i really hope what you were told is right (because then i will put my name doen for one), but i'm highly sceptical.

i wouldn't be too trusting of them saying it will only be $150. just be prepared for closer to $200/250 as i said earlier in the thread. the collectors edition in the states is going to be $40 more than the normal version ($59 vs $99), and the $59 games there are normally $120 here, so even if you work of our prices being double that will still put it up around $200.

i really hope what you were told is right (because then i will put my name doen for one), but i'm highly sceptical.

I'm prepared to pay $200, I have no bills lol ;) But yeah just go into EB and talk to them about it if your interested in pre-ordering it. And for the record my brother asked about it at JB and it was the same story, they dont know what the price is yet.

Edited by Dani Boi

yep I put down $100 on a pre-order at EB games too. they said the same thing, no price yet but they are 100% getting them and he said price will be around $150. I laughed and said I highly doubt it. I said probably more like $180-$200. He was adamant that it will be around $150 but yeah I seriously doubt that.

now we play the waiting game..... again.... ;)

I just pre-ordered collectors edition at EB. The girl there agreed that ~$170 was more realistic.

Its weird how nothing has been officially announced for aus for the CE edition yet but its in EB's and JB's database. More is supposed to be announced about GT5 at Gamescon which is on between August 18-22...maybe something about CE for other regions will be on the to-announce-list.

i am. i'm waiting for the game to come out. you never know, they may do a bundle pack with the game (more than likely will i'd say) and there is always the small possibility that the consoles have dropped in price by then

Yeah i'm buying a ps3 for gt5 as well as a new monitor that is going to be connected to my computer and ps3. I was originally gonna wait for the gt5+ps3 bundle if it does happen but cause of the CE, i may have to buy the ps3 separately.

I've also seen an "Ultimate Edition" on Amazon which a few people on gtplanet pointed out and now theres some news about it:

For GT5, there are two collector’s editions. One is the game plus some added content and collectibles, which (has already been announced), while the other is in a really big package with a lot of paraphernalia that goes beyond the game. It’s all car-related, but I’m unaware of the exact contents. That being so expensive, we may not directly order it from Europe, but we could bring in limited quantities from Sony in the Middle East. We’ll also be working with Mercedes in some way around the GT5 launch, but we’re yet to decide the specifics of that.

So we'll see how this one goes.

Edited by Dark26