SAU Community

Car Crushing To Go Ahead

Rocky88

way to have a go at the one guy to get it on for charity didn't see anyone else raising money that night

notice the smiley ? I was kidding. He knew that, I knew that, everyone knows that, for f**ks sake steve, you're taking it seriously?

-D

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cars too loud. Crushed.

Got the sound system up too loud. Crushed.

Took that corner slightly too hard. Crushed.

Accelerated off at the lights a bit faster than everyone else there. Crushed.

Driving around unnecessary through the hills. Crushed

Exactly!

Cars too loud. Crushed.

Got the sound system up too loud. Crushed.

Took that corner slightly too hard. Crushed.

Accelerated off at the lights a bit faster than everyone else there. Crushed.

Driving around unnecessary through the hills. Crushed

omg, how many times ive been asked by cops why im driving in hills... wtf, why not? i wasnt breaking any law

100% correct

I cant see why people are so against this car crushing idea. If your not a hoon you have nothing to worry about :)

Ok, well when you accidently squeek your tyres in the wet on a painted white line and get pulled over and told your car will be crushed, we'll see if you think it was such a good idea..

Everyone on the road has something to worry about, no matter what you drive, see flashing red and blue lights behind you, your car may be getting crushed..

your giving up freedom for security which does lead to a police state.

i bet if your bike was impounded and crushed your view would be very different specially if you weren't doing anything wrong!

all it takes is one cop to say your were 'hooning' and it will snowball from there.

'hooning' dates back long before gen Y's been here!

again, as above!

cops can send you to regency for no reason why cant they impound you for no reason.

loud music is considered hooning too. would you like your car being crushed because someone 'thought' your music was too loud?

i dont want to sound like im having a go, it's not like that!

i just dont want every person to start handing over their rights all because of the media BS and the older people's view on cars that are faster then a push bike!

this is completely right!

i havent been on the road nearly as long as some people (im only 21) but what small time i have been driving i've found that all people no matter the age suck at driving!

people who learnt to drive many years ago who learnt from their parents who learnt from their parents, parents would have picked up bad habits.

crushing car, impounding cars and defecting. all revenue and all to keep the mass amount of voters happy. just think about it.

Exactly, agree completly. Cops can impound you, defect you and fine you for no reason, why not crush a persons car, for no reason... BS!!

There is no argument that the defect system needs improvement ... but on the other side of the coin, why complain when you know your car is defectable.

Maybe the crushing law could be abused. But that would be alot harder to do than issuing a defect.

My mindset is my mindset. Get done for hooning, suffer the consequences. If its unfair, take it to court, thats what its there fore. I've lost 3 close friends to the actions of others for hooning and nothing I know will change that. Maybe the law might be abused ... but maybe, just maybe it will save some lives???

You guys won't consider that.

my car is defectable, so is my mums, so is my dads, so is my brothers. guess who gets defected though?

as much as i hate to see another import driver done for nothing, i'll laugh if u ever get ur car impounded because u had to give it a bit over 1/4 throttle to get into a gap in traffic, or simply u just accelerated like normal, except ur sports exhaust made it sound like u were putting ur foot down.

everyone puts their foot down from time to time, the difference is you own a car which someone carries a grudge against, you're gonna cop it. not only that but ive heard time after time of people being pulled over, accused of stuff they havent done just because another dickhead has done something wrong around the same area, at around the same time, in a similar car.

LOL at some of the suggestions in here about the required criteria or what will constitute the necessity to get your car crushed.

Pretty soon some bright spark in here will say that if you give the officer lip or look at him cross eyed that it will be enough to get your car crushed.....give me a break!

And all the little followers will say "yeah mang, +1".

Even if the law was ever passed in this country (which it won't be for the reasons given earlier) crushing will be an absolute last resort and only to the repeat offenders.....not for squealing a tyre on a white line. :(

So seriously, don't be drama queens. :)

LOL at some of the suggestions in here about the required criteria or what will constitute the necessity to get your car crushed.

Pretty soon some bright spark in here will say that if you give the officer lip or look at him cross eyed that it will be enough to get your car crushed.....give me a break!

Even if the law was ever passed in this country (which it won't be for the reasons given earlier) crushing will be an absolute last resort and only to the repeat offenders.....not for squealing a tyre on a white line. :(

i will bookmark this post so january 1st next year I can remind you that you were wrong.... i hope youre not tho

Edited by Rocky88

SLED, i hate to have to repeat myself, but as i have mentioned before, my mates, who are smart enough to not mouth off or anything, copped an impound after simply giving it a bit too much acceleration up to 60k's. the crushing will most likely take place of the 3rd strike, im willing to bet money you have accelerated up to the speed limit 3 times before which might be considered "excessive".

there u go, grounds to crush ur car.

oh and btw, Ruby, courtesy from NS, from SAU, i quote:

Mate i don't do traffic lights GP man.... Its just this time after so many years...... I really wanna know whats gonna happen man..
Suck it up. Don't race on the street, we've all seen what can happen.

You claim you don't do traffic light GPs ... but open up with a story about you getting caught, and you're down to 2 points? :) Who you fooling. You're f**ked. Your bad driving has caught up with you. Suck it up and enjoy the holiday.

Why does everyone flame people for doing this

Do we have to spell it out for you? :)

you gotta be kidding? taken from sau:

Glad to meet you Dennis. That GTR of yours was certainly mint ... awesome car. Glad you're sticking with it. :(

And no need to apologise about ensuring us it has the 'go' to match the 'show' :)

Visit more often mate.

before you try to tell people theyre stupid for doing drags/skids maybe you should take a look in the mirror? or is your head so far up your own ass you cant find a mirror?

No I'm not kidding.

Dennis was not doing 95 in a 60 zone. He simply demonstrated his 0-60 for us. Different matter. Try not to match up two unrelated posts from two unrelated forums. Better luck next time :lol:

that's hooning, and grounds for crushing a car.

Yes but what if the police dont get guide lines to what 'hoon' actually means and what constitutes 'hooning' then the 3 warnings (if u get 3) wont take long to rank up, so squealing on a white line may be seen as hooning, and get ur car crushed after the 3 warnings (once again, if u get 3) that is if u get a cop having a bad day. What i meant by that is that something as small as squealing a tyre on a white line may and probly will be seen as 'hooning'. Depends on the cop tho.

A small eg. a mate rolling back on a slight hill in his manual TN magna, front wheel drive, front lifted up on take off and squeaked his tyres taking off (by accident) ..got pulled over and warned, this was 5 or so years ago, these days it probly would have gotten him a fine and loss of demerit points for hoonish behaviour, which for a very small 'nothing case' he would have his first warning, rack 3 of these up and your car gets crushed..

But as u said, it probly wont happen and i for 1, hope it doesnt. The way i see it, it will be a very, very last resort.

Jarrad, at this stage I think everyone is jumping the gun way too early......everyone's guessing what will be the cops criteria for requesting your car be crushed....in fact, I'd lay odds that the decision would not be theirs anyway and that it would have to undergo some sort of tribunal process where the evidence to crush would have to be paramount, considering it's going to cost the state govt a small fortune everytime they go down that road.

i will bookmark this post so january 1st next year I can remind you that you were wrong.... i hope youre not tho

haha, by all means do Rok.....will you still bring it up if I'm right though? :(

SLED, i hate to have to repeat myself, but as i have mentioned before, my mates, who are smart enough to not mouth off or anything, copped an impound after simply giving it a bit too much acceleration up to 60k's. the crushing will most likely take place of the 3rd strike, im willing to bet money you have accelerated up to the speed limit 3 times before which might be considered "excessive".

there u go, grounds to crush ur car.

yeah as above to Jarrad

btw, so people are aware, kranze = ted :)

gee, I would've never guessed....that doesn't sound like something he would say!! (see below)

before you try to tell people theyre stupid for doing drags/skids maybe you should take a look in the mirror? or is your head so far up your own ass you cant find a mirror?

^^^^ Yes, i agree with that part, it will be, in the end, the courts decision. And to crush someones personal property and/or bank, credit union or otherwise' property they will need alot of evidence against the person to say the least. That is, if the law is passed. I, as well as many others are very worried by this and are jumping the gun, as u say, i can agree with that. People, me included need not to worry about it now and cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

haha, by all means do Rok.....will you still bring it up if I'm right though? :(

haha, ill swallow my pride and buy you a beer if youre right  :)

Edited by Rocky88