SAU Community

Can These Wheels Fit?

guys im planning on getting these wheels of a mate of mine in brisbane this is all that was given to me. he told me to check if it is possible before the go ahead. 5-120, 20x8.5

help please?

guys im planning on getting these wheels of a mate of mine in brisbane this is all that was given to me. he told me to check if it is possible before the go ahead. 5-120, 20x8.5

help please?

Sorry mate. Is that 5x120?

If yes. The answer is No. V35 need 5x114.3 to fit.

Frank

Don't fit 8.5" wide wheels, especially on the rear. It just looks weaksauce.

The key to the V's great stance is the massive widths and low offsets you can fit under the guards. Running pizza cutters looks bad.

weaksauce

:D

Hate to see what you'd type on the oem 18's then lol!

I actually want to change my wheels too but really poor atm.. It'd only be for aesthetics though. I think the oem 18x8 on v35's are quite light (around 10kg iirc). However, i'm not too keen on running say a 9.5 on the rear etc then having to fit a big tire and giving the car too much grip..I like how it's balanced now - perfect (for me).

OEM rims have the benefit of being free with the car. There's no shame in rocking out poor offset and widths when you didn't pay for it.

Most 20x8.5s I've seen have had pretty weak offsets too, since they're designed for ricewagons (like sik WRXs) that can't run nice offsets. If I see another guy on 350Z-Tech wanting to know if they should run 20x8.5 +40 I will headbutt something.

However, i'm not too keen on running say a 9.5 on the rear etc then having to fit a big tire and giving the car too much grip..I like how it's balanced now - perfect (for me).

Why not upgrade the front and rear together, and keep the ratio the same? Or just run a wider rim, and strech an OEM sized tyre onto it?

If you upgrade the tyre widths all round by the same number, the ratio's of width front/rear remains so similar there's not much in it. You could just change the pressures to fine tune the balance afterwards.

:D

I actually want to change my wheels too but really poor atm.. It'd only be for aesthetics though. I think the oem 18x8 on v35's are quite light (around 10kg iirc). However, i'm not too keen on running say a 9.5 on the rear etc then having to fit a big tire and giving the car too much grip..I like how it's balanced now - perfect (for me).

I loose traction quite easily still with a 295 on the rear....... granted that only 2/3 of it is only making contact with the road............

To scathing, since you sound like you know your stuff in terms of the wheels size and offsets.

what do you recommend on the 19" and 20" for a perfect fit, looks and feel on the road?

can you also incorporate having the car an inch or inch and half lower.

thanks mate.

Mark (Blistc) whats the full spec on your wheels at the moment? i can probably relate to you more since both of our car are dropped!

atm i have 9.5" on rears with 275/30/19 tyres. having a kit put on soon and stumbled across 20' hipnotic c notes and was just wondering. im tired of the "go" lately and was leaning more of *show*. hope i dont sound too ricey =(

To scathing, since you sound like you know your stuff in terms of the wheels size and offsets.

what do you recommend on the 19" and 20" for a perfect fit, looks and feel on the road?

can you also incorporate having the car an inch or inch and half lower.

thanks mate.

Mark (Blistc) whats the full spec on your wheels at the moment? i can probably relate to you more since both of our car are dropped!

current setup is 19 x 9.5 +8 Front 265/30/19 tyres | 19 x 10.5 +18 Rear 295/30/19 Tyres -2.5 Degrees Camber All 4 Corners. Top of Rim / Tyre sit flush with guards, poke out mid - bottom.

Car lowered on TEIN Comfort Sport Coilovers. Car is only about 50mm off the ground right now as it sits............

Nagisa Auto Rear Camber, Rear Toe, Front Camber Arms as well in order to correct the camber to get it to sit the right way i want it

If the camber hardware is stock then the accepted "best fitment" is 9.5" +22 front and 10.5 +22 rear, even if you lower the car. There's no front camber adjustment at all, and limited rear camber adjustment, on our cars. You can get away with a few mm each way but since most people opt for Volks they're the most common offsets for those widths.

With the suspension geometry, if you lower the car the wheel naturally cambers in (as if it was being compressed that much from the stock height due to load). As long as you don't hit the end of the suspension travel and rub the inner guard, the height is irrelevant to clearance.

I've got 18" wheels in those widths and offsets on my Z33. I've run a 265/35 R18 and 285/35 R18 with as little rear camber as the suspension allows. My guards aren't rolled, and that setup doesn't rub. If you go 19" with the same tyre circumference, it should be the same.

Here's what mine looked like:

my350z_20070929_nightshots_09.jpg

Theoretically you can go wider. I've seen a US-based 350Z running 18x10.5 +15 all round while lowered, but the front looked a bit retarded (the wheels stick out a lot). The guards were rolled and he had aftermarket camber bits. I think he was running 3-4 degrees of neg.

Mark would be the best to ask if you want to push the limits of offset with modified guards.

As for 19" vs 20", of course dropping the tyre profile and increasing the unsprung weight is going to have negative effects on handling and performance.

As for looks, that's in the eye of the beholder. I personally like a reasonable amount of sidewall on a tyre, but the V35 looks more awesome with big diameter wheels than my Z33, so for me I'd probably run 19".

If I were to get a V35, I'd probably run a 19x9.5 front and a 20x10.5-11.0" rear (I want to go as wide as possible for aesthetics). The offsets would be in the mid teens and I'd run a touch of neg camber, but not more than around 2-2.5 degrees.

Edited by scathing

Oh yeh i forgot to mention

i had to roll my rear guards, just roll the lip underneath.

When the car is fully loaded with people, (2 people in the back) the tyre clears the guard by around 2mm. You cant fit anything between the tyre and the guard, not even a coin. Suprisingly, i couldnt hear the rear scrubbing at all and i was driving on the shitty part of hume highway at bass hill area too........ so i am very happy with my setup.

please note i still have stock guards, they are just lipped underneath on the rear. The front there is no need and it more than enough clearance and no scrubbing at all

also i remember people asking me at the meetup "where did i get my 20's" to be surprised they were only 19" - its all about the stance.

Edited by BLISTC